Thread: Swarovski / Zeiss Binos vs scopes preferances

Swarovski / Zeiss Binos vs scopes preferances

Was at Richmond Park the other week and saw 5 bird watchers get out of their cars and kit up. All of them had Swaros round there necks . It reminded me of a PH who once told me his wealthy German client used to state that 'Zeiss for binocular, Swarovski for riflescope' (in his best German accent).

I'm sure, as always, this just comes down to personal preference but wondered if there was general popularity for one vs the other dependant on them being binos or scopes?

depends whats in fashion at the time

I can only talk from personal pref, but it's Swaro binos with Swaro scope on one rifle, and Sightron on the other.

Many will swear by Swaro, Zeiss, S&B, Leica, MINOX, Leupold, Sightron, Nightforce, Nikon, Bushnell, etc etc etc, but you will do a lot worse than getting hands-on with as many alternatives yourself.

The Shooting Show is on again in Feb at Stoneleigh Park CV8 2LG, so if you have time on your side, head on up
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

i have swaro bins and zeiss scopes. i don't notice a variance between the two at dusk.

Yes, Stoneleigh. Keen to make a trip up there and take a look

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    I can only talk from personal pref, but it's Swaro binos with Swaro scope on one rifle, and Sightron on the other.

Many will swear by Swaro, Zeiss, S&B, Leica, MINOX, Leupold, Sightron, Nightforce, Nikon, Bushnell, etc etc etc, but you will do a lot worse than getting hands-on with as many alternatives yourself.

The Shooting Show is on again in Feb at Stoneleigh Park CV8 2LG, so if you have time on your side, head on up