Thread: Remington Unprimed brass.

Remington Unprimed brass.

I was asked to help someone assemble some 30-06 loads for his hunting rifle so I asked hom to pick up some new, unprimed brass to start with. We ended up with a bag of 50 new Remington cases.

I am used to seeing some case mouth dings and such but this stuff was particularly bad. Some of the case mouths were so dented I needed to improvise a hand tool to open them enough to allow the expanded button of the FL sizer to pass. I small base resized all the cases and measured a few. The lengths varied up to .020" which put some cases .010" over SAAMI spec. I trimmed them all to .010" under spec and from there on, all was smooth sailing.

Still, that was some pretty nasty brass. I was a little surprised.~Muir

Muir you should see some of them after they have been transported 3,000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Hi muir, how much money in dollars is 100x25 06 cases, they are in excess 0f 70 here

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Hi muir, how much money in dollars is 100x25 06 cases, they are in excess 0f 70 here
    They run about $29/50 pcs.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post

Give the chaps at Forest lodge in Wragby a call as they had a large quantity of 25-06 brass. Seems there was a error on ordering and they got far more than they wanted. I cannot recall the brand ..................... sorry.

I got some Winchester 300WM brass and it looked like it had been run over with a car!!

​seriously flimsy stuff, dinged mouths, dented shoulders..never even attempted to use it