Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 243 105g heads

  1. #1

    243 105g heads

    Hi all.

    I'm looking for some 105g soft point bullet heads for .243 similar to the ones used in the Geco ammo.

    Thanks

    Jimmy

  2. #2
    Jimmy,
    Sorry I cant help you but would be interested if you have any success. I use the Geco 105 gr in my 243 and find them very good. I would like to work on improving a home load on them if I did manage to source some. I do reload using the Geco brass and so far they have been great.
    Cheers,

    Jimmy

  3. #3
    These aren't available as components from RUAG - although .243 cases are.

    .243 Win - RUAG Ammotec UK Ltd

    .243 Win (Case) - RUAG Ammotec UK Ltd

    Speer used to do a FBSP 105gr but have dropped it.

    The nearest now is the Sierra Prohunter 100gr FBSP.....

    Product - Sierra Bullets - The Bulletsmiths

    These are v. accurate and work perfectly in the conventional twist (1:10") such as the Tikka/Sako series.
    Whoever says differently has to be getting something wrong somewhere
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

  4. #4
    Perhaps if enough folks contact RWS direct .................................. perhaps ......... just perhaps the useless bunch at RUAG might get a boot up the rear to get their act together.

    ​Perhaps a shopping trip tot he continent is called for?

  5. #5
    I have been searching my garage/man cave since I saw this post as I have some somewhere !!
    I bought some in the early 80's to try but could not get on with them.
    I just couldn't get a better group than 4" at 100yards so gave up and put them 'somewhere safe' and can no longer find them.
    I had more than one .243 so barrel lengths varied but still made no difference.
    Perhaps the powders available today may give better results but with the Nobel Glasgow powders I used then it was useless.
    It would probably be a box of 80 so no doubt the house clearance guys will have a shock when I pop my clogs.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Perhaps if enough folks contact RWS direct .................................. perhaps ......... just perhaps the useless bunch at RUAG might get a boot up the rear to get their act together.

    ​Perhaps a shopping trip tot he continent is called for?
    I wish you the best of British there!
    They don't appear to listen to anybody and seem totally uninterested in expanding the line for the British Shooter who I feel they hold in contempt. I have nothing to do with them at all and trade to my hearts content
    As mentioned before, try either the 100 grain Sierra Prohunter (#1540) or the Gameking (#1560). excellent bullets and they wont break the bank either.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    These aren't available as components from RUAG - although .243 cases are.

    .243 Win - RUAG Ammotec UK Ltd

    .243 Win (Case) - RUAG Ammotec UK Ltd

    Speer used to do a FBSP 105gr but have dropped it.

    The nearest now is the Sierra Prohunter 100gr FBSP.....

    Product - Sierra Bullets - The Bulletsmiths

    These are v. accurate and work perfectly in the conventional twist (1:10") such as the Tikka/Sako series.
    Whoever says differently has to be getting something wrong somewhere
    +1 for the sierra pro hunter 100grain. I'm using these in my Tikka T3 .243
    With Norma brass, federal 210 Match primers & 40.5 grains of H4831 powder. Fantastic combination
    Wingy

  8. #8
    An other fan of Pro hunter.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Orvil View Post
    I wish you the best of British there!
    They don't appear to listen to anybody and seem totally uninterested in expanding the line for the British Shooter who I feel they hold in contempt. I have nothing to do with them at all and trade to my hearts content
    As mentioned before, try either the 100 grain Sierra Prohunter (#1540) or the Gameking (#1560). excellent bullets and they wont break the bank either.
    Oh I know just how "head stuck up ass" RUAG are after trying to deal with them over some Norma ammunition and cases several years ago. It amazes me that they are still in business as their stupidity meant i had to work out other ways in getting what I required and this meant they made nowt out of it as the stuff didn't come from the UK at all.

    My Cone Points came from France and the cases direct from Sweden. Never managed to get the 232 grain ammo I wanted.

  10. #10
    I use Nosler Partition Spitzer 100 grain .243WIN. They seem to do the trick. It is a shame that Nosler do not do the 100 grain .243WIN in Nosler Ballistic Tip.

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* 243 Heads for sale or swap for 6.5x55
    By mark-joppa in forum Reloading
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-08-2013, 09:59
  2. *SOLD* 243 Fired Brass and Factory Rounds And Projectiles-Heads.
    By patjack in forum Reloading
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-01-2013, 10:43
  3. Wanted Wanted - 105 grn A-Max Heads for my .243
    By sidesy in forum Firearms
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 17:12
  4. For Sale .243(6mm) bullet heads
    By steve42 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-07-2011, 14:06
  5. 243 heads & Brass clear out
    By ash243 in forum Reloading
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-02-2010, 17:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •