Import of NV from Middle East

teyhan1

My wife travels a lot with her job. She is currently in Kurdistan, N.Iraq.
She will be back there again soon, then Dubai, then Beiruit. I think I'm going to re-name her Kate Adie soon.
I know that Kurdistan has a bazzar, where you can get hold of NV equipment so I asked her to keep an eye out. She also has a friend looking out for her in Dubai.
What are the legalities of importing an item such as a PVS14 lets say from Kurdistan?
I don't want to get her sent to jail just yet. Maybe when she brings the plutonium

Bringing a pvs-14 from Iraq. Hhhmmm, that's gonna set alarm bells ringing chap. Also, what about history ? How much use etc. I'd be tempted to get the maxi kite on eBay, it's around £1300 at the mo

End time: 16 Nov 2013 11:52:41 GMT

View item:
MAXI KITE NIGHT VISION SCOPE

​Pete

The company I work for have recently been operating out of there so I'll ask one of our logistics guys tomorrow. However the Middle East has always been a bit difficult for importing such items not sure about exporting them though. I've spent many a time hauled up for carrying a sat phone and IR equipment in airports in the region.

just dont go there bud the links to terorism etc are just to much just remember eney police involvment and its ta ta to your guns all pvs14 are stolen the yanks do not sell it outside usa full stop as for the kite unles you get paper work for it as dismised from militery use dont touch them the mod are very good at getting them back i know sombodey who advertised on ebay selling one who got the knock on the door just as well it had bean purchased from starlight and had numbers and paper work if not he would have bean in court once pvs14 reach uk the yanks cant do much just dont book a holiday to disneland in the forceable future if you purchase from ebay you might get a longer holiday than you expected

NV

They aint illegal in the uk you should be able to bring them back from there no problem its ono the USA that have a problem letting NV ten 3 stuff go

Last edited:
Back