Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using 300 AAC Blackout?

Anyone using 300 AAC Blackout?

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone is using the 300blk round and if so, do you have any load data you've found works well?

I got a rifle chambered in this round recently primarily for target but I'm now thinking it might be useful for foxing/deer too. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Kaira View Post
    Hello,

Just wondered if anyone is using the 300blk round and if so, do you have any load data you've found works well?

I got a rifle chambered in this round recently primarily for target but I'm now thinking it might be useful for foxing/deer too. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Duncan
    it would be OK on ME for Muntjac and CWD in England and Wales, and Roe in Scotland, but it won't make minimum for any of the larger species or Roe on England and Wales, a shame as it looks like an ideal intermediate calibre.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

I have an AAC Handi Rifle in 300 Blackout, 300 AAC Blackout - Handi-Rifle

Lovely little rifle

Currently shooting 25m indoor using 115gr cast "soup can" boolits over 3.1gr of Viht N310, with 3.7gr it chronos at 1071fps with an ME of 290ftlbs

Outdoor supersonic target loads are 168gr Nosler Custom Competition bullet over 16.8gr of Hodgdon H110 gives around 1900fps so an ME of around 1350ftlbs

Both loads are very accurate indeed.

You could also use 18gr of H110 with a 150gr bullet and get around 2070fps with 1430ftlbs

This is mine with an ATI stock and a Wildcat Predator mod fitted,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HRATI.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	34507
    Last edited by phaedra; 11-11-2013 at 14:38.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Thanks Kenny,

You're right, I should have stated that I was talking about the 'vermin' species of deer and using the .243 for the larger. While there are 300aac loads that will make 1700ft lb out to 150yards+ it's not really of particular interest to me at the moment.

Duncan

Thanks Phaedra.

Our club has a 25m indoor range too so I may have to give that load a try. The Handi looks lovely! I bet that's a lot of fun to shoot!

It's actually quite boring!, on a good day I make a nice 1/2" hole and it just keeps putting bullets through it!.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    It's actually quite boring!, on a good day I make a nice 1/2" hole and it just keeps putting bullets through it!.
    do you really want another "exciting" gun?
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Well not too exciting!, not in the "blow up in your face P.O.S. 9mm lever release" type of exciting

I've just got my variation back and have got 3 empty slots, another 300 in bolt action/straight pull, another 44mag under lever and another sec.1 shotgun so plenty to keep me busy for the near future

That's all the excuse I need to post a pic of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Kaira View Post
    That's all the excuse I need to post a pic of mine.

you really don't want to see a picture of Phaedra's AR