Anyone using 300 AAC Blackout?

Tommy Kaira

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone is using the 300blk round and if so, do you have any load data you've found works well?

I got a rifle chambered in this round recently primarily for target but I'm now thinking it might be useful for foxing/deer too. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Duncan

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone is using the 300blk round and if so, do you have any load data you've found works well?

I got a rifle chambered in this round recently primarily for target but I'm now thinking it might be useful for foxing/deer too. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Duncan
it would be OK on ME for Muntjac and CWD in England and Wales, and Roe in Scotland, but it won't make minimum for any of the larger species or Roe on England and Wales, a shame as it looks like an ideal intermediate calibre.

I have an AAC Handi Rifle in 300 Blackout, 300 AAC Blackout - Handi-Rifle

Lovely little rifle :)

Currently shooting 25m indoor using 115gr cast "soup can" boolits over 3.1gr of Viht N310, with 3.7gr it chronos at 1071fps with an ME of 290ftlbs

Outdoor supersonic target loads are 168gr Nosler Custom Competition bullet over 16.8gr of Hodgdon H110 gives around 1900fps so an ME of around 1350ftlbs

Both loads are very accurate indeed.

You could also use 18gr of H110 with a 150gr bullet and get around 2070fps with 1430ftlbs

This is mine with an ATI stock and a Wildcat Predator mod fitted,

HRATI.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Kenny,

You're right, I should have stated that I was talking about the 'vermin' species of deer and using the .243 for the larger. While there are 300aac loads that will make 1700ft lb out to 150yards+ it's not really of particular interest to me at the moment.

Duncan

Thanks Phaedra.

Our club has a 25m indoor range too so I may have to give that load a try. The Handi looks lovely! I bet that's a lot of fun to shoot!

It's actually quite boring!, on a good day I make a nice 1/2" hole and it just keeps putting bullets through it!.

Well not too exciting!, not in the "blow up in your face P.O.S. 9mm lever release" type of exciting :D

I've just got my variation back and have got 3 empty slots, another 300 in bolt action/straight pull, another 44mag under lever and another sec.1 shotgun so plenty to keep me busy for the near future :)

A Spikes Tactical in 300? Where did you get it from?. Suffolk Rifles said they were getting me a NEA-15 back in March but it's never turned up :(

I've emailed Mark Bradley a couple of times but not getting much in the way of replies :(

Well if you want to see it .................

SGC-Side.jpgUntitled-1.jpg

Not only mine, there's another blown up with exactly the same damage :(

Last edited:
A Spikes Tactical in 300? Where did you get it from?. Suffolk Rifles said they were getting me a NEA-15 back in March but it's never turned up :(

I've emailed Mark Bradley a couple of times but not getting much in the way of replies :(

Well if you want to see it .................

View attachment 34523View attachment 34524

Not only mine, there's another blown up with exactly the same damage :(
ring Bradley I'm told he is able to get things moving very quickly when he wants.

I'm just about to put a variation in for 300Blk, looking at getting the Rem 700 SPS Tac in 300Blk. Any of you guys had hands on with one yet ?

I picked up a second hand 300 whisper barrel for AR15 last year off Mark Bradley... I decided it was too much faff to swap barrels so it's back with Mark being assembled into a complete rifle, he's got someone making uppers and soon lowers too.

Much easier to reach him by phone

I've just bought a very old but pristine Sako Riihimaki in 7x33 - if you want to see where the 300 came from compare them side by side - nothing new.
The only problem is finding a boolit mould to suit it.

Not sure if this is of any help. Friend of mine shot this 100m group with his whisper.
edi

20131101_112729_zps38b085ba.jpg

Hello,

Thanks,
Duncan

Yes, it belongs on my LMT MRP M4 back home for subsonic tactical CQB applications on Zombies. That's what it was designed for and has no other practical use. Use a calibre for what it was intended, but whatever floats your boat! :)

Last edited:
Back