Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacement body parts

Replacement body parts

Lay in bed (hospital) after hip replacement surgery this afternoon and f@@k me it hurts. I'll be 45 years old in a couple of weeks and started with pain over 4 years ago. 2 years ago x rays showed no cartilage left so it got to that stage where I had no other option. I'll probably miss the doe season but aim to be sorted to make the SD fair at Kelso.
    How many others on here have had replacement parts and how does it affect your stalking better / worse ?
    Wingy
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

neighbor girl just had her second hip replacement (has both now) at 22.... first one just before 20...... Sometimes I feel like I could use a whole body replacement and I'm 48

Get better....

I'm surprised at your pain dilemma, of the people I know who've had hip replacements, the first thing they notice is, the pain has gone, but I'll hope for a speedy recovery for you and it all turns out right.

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Lay in bed (hospital) after hip replacement surgery this afternoon and f@@k me it hurts. I'll be 45 years old in a couple of weeks and started with pain over 4 years ago. 2 years ago x rays showed no cartilage left so it got to that stage where I had no other option. I'll probably miss the doe season but aim to be sorted to make the SD fair at Kelso.
    How many others on here have had replacement parts and how does it affect your stalking better / worse ?
    Wingy
    I put it down to the body armour Martin. Killer wearing that stuff all day, especially if you put the plates in like the old days. Didn't realise you were that bad mate, hope your recovery goes well and will buy you a pint at Kelso.

Don't worry.

The postoperative pain is transient and will be more or less gone in 72 hours.

My 2 hips were replaced in 2004 and 2009 (at age 54 and 59) and, as I said to my surgeon, gave me my life back.

To this day, I am free of hip pain.

Hang in there, do the physio and you will be stalking, pain free, in weeks, not months.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Wingy
    I work with a chap who is 47 double hip op within last threes years and cycles to work 47 mile round trip three timesa week. He was back on the bike within seven weeks. Don't worry about attending the fair ill collect, aid yodans drop you off. I support folk with all aids of disabilities lolill collect and drop you off mate even aid and suppor you for the doe season. My word is my promise.

My girlfriend had an operation to tidy up her fanny and ever since we get a Christmas card from Nicki Lauda thanking us for his new ears.

Mine had the same op RD and we get letters of thanks from shrek
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Martin,

I'm sure you will be back up soon giving the does a hard time.

Ian

i feel for you feller i'v had 4 years of 11 opps and two replacement knees both on the same knee after some tosser rear ended my motor only now after a lot of pills and fiz am i able to walk i'am still unable to kneel or bend and have pain like bad shin splints , prob never be pain free and in 15 years i'v got to have it redone . high seats are a pain as ladders are never ezzy still its better than in two halves lol, you will come out of it just hang in there and do what they say even if its a killing you and painful, tomorrow bet you will be requested to move around ice ice bag was my best pal found bags of peas worked well now got a cryo ice freezer pack of the internet .best wishes
    atvb
    paul
    Last edited by paul o'; 11-11-2013 at 23:02.