Thread: Anyone know where I can find a Savage 110 rail?

Anyone know where I can find a Savage 110 rail?

I'm looking for a Weaver or Picatinny rail scope base for my pre-accutrigger Savage 110, but am having difficulty finding one that can be shipped to Denmark (they seem to be covered by ITAR restrictions in the US). Ideally I'd like to get an EGW rail, but failing that I'll settle for anything that will do the job.

Does anyone know of any retailers in the UK or Europe who may have them in stock?

Cheers
    ​T_T

Not absolutely sure about your rifle Tartan_terrier but I did see rails on the shelf for many popular makes of rifle such as Howa and Remington in the Sportsman Gun Centre in Newport fairly recently. http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/ Drop them an email and see if they have one. The cost was fairly reasonable also.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Cheers 8x57, I'll give that a try.

​T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    I'm looking for a Weaver or Picatinny rail scope base for my pre-accutrigger Savage 110, but am having difficulty finding one that can be shipped to Denmark (they seem to be covered by ITAR restrictions in the US). Ideally I'd like to get an EGW rail, but failing that I'll settle for anything that will do the job.

Does anyone know of any retailers in the UK or Europe who may have them in stock?

Cheers
    ​T_T
    Hi there Tartan I have one l/a savage 110 rail on the shelf. You did not specify whether long or short action. yours respectfully Mike Norris Brock and Norris Custom Rifles

I have recently had they same problem with a model 16. I found alan rhone in wrexham stock recknagel rails for both the long and short action savages.

I managed to get the scope mounted with the Weaver mounts that came with the rifle (even though I was certain that they were too low). As it's a long action I have no possibility for adjusting the eye relief though it doesn't look too bad. I'll try it out before I go any further with the rail idea though.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Have you thought about using step back rings?

Several makers offer them to fit Weaver bases.

I've got a step back ring on the front, but there still isn't much space to adjust anything. Mind you the Savage does have a shorter length of pull than my other rifles, so perhaps a recoil pad will solve any eye relief issues.

This is what it looks like now. As you can see it's a massive scope, but there still isn't much space on the tube with the Savage long action.The cheek pad thingy is just to hold my comb raiser in place, but it does have a useful pocket for my Boresnake too!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020704.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	34621