Blaser 'scope rails

TonyC

I have been pondering about an alternative of a red dot sight for some time but the horrendous costs of the mount for a Blaser 93 (for a mount and sight in the USA its $1,000) have put me off, until yesterday when I discovered that the best ideas are often the simplest.

Third Eye Tactical with whom I have had a number of successful dealings in the past have come up with a simple solution - make a Picatinny rail, remove the scope rings off the claw mount and using the screws off the mount affix the rail to the mount - simples.

I can now mount my red dot sight to the rifle via the new rail at a cost of less than £70 delivered. By using the usual Blaser principles it should retain zero when the rail and sight are detached together from the claw mount rail.

It should arrive tomorrow and then we can test it. :lol:

Do I get this right? You still have to use original QD mount less rings and they sold you a piece of rail with two holes in it for £70? :eek:

A bit of rail with 2 holes =£70. Now that is rip off BRITAIN! Awesome!!!!!!!!
TonyC.
I have some picky rail here I can let you have for free. Can you send the third eye bit back and get a refund?

Last edited:
A bit of rail with 2 holes =£70. Now that is rip off BRITAIN! Awesome!!!!!!!!
TonyC.
I have some picky rail here I can let you have for free. Can you send the third eye bit back and get a refund?

You all seem to think that everyone has the facilities and capability to precision drill holes and cut a thread to match the Blaser specifications - to those of us with no facilities or skills it's a good off the shelf solution to a particular problem. We do not all worship at the altar of engineering.

He's me thinking I could help out others in a similar predicament by sharing some information...... How naive of me to forget the narrow mindedness of fellow forum members.

Tony

That is not a bad price. You can get Blaser QD Saddle Picatinny rails for USD 240.....over the net.

All the best

You all seem to think that everyone has the facilities and capability to precision drill holes and cut a thread to match the Blaser specifications - to those of us with no facilities or skills it's a good off the shelf solution to a particular problem. We do not all worship at the altar of engineering.

He's me thinking I could help out others in a similar predicament by sharing some information...... How naive of me to forget the narrow mindedness of fellow forum members.

Only trying to help!

If you need help or have a problem there is usualy someone on here that can help!
I needed to borrow a chronongraph. I dont need it for long. As the job I need it for, can be done in a short space of time. So buying one would be daft.
A post on this forum. Bang! 3 offers in 6hours.
You think a offer of help is small minded? Wow that's new!
Tell you what, I would have drilled and tapped the rail for you for free too. It is no big deal.

so it seems this is what this forum is coming to. Sad!

pay your £70 good for you!

Back