Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard flight / Travel Case Wanted For A Take Down Rifle

Hard flight / Travel Case Wanted For A Take Down Rifle

I'm looking for a hard flight / travel case for my Sauer 202. The 202 has a removable barrel and stock and therefore I'm after a takedown case to save on size and weight.

I will be looking to take the rifle on a flight so the case needs to be flight approved. Anyone got one for sale or any recomendations?

Thanks

Where are you in Wiltshire, I have collected a few as I upgraded which you would be welcome to look at .

Peli 1700 is a good size for a take down. 99cm x 47cm x 16cm exterior dimensions, 91cm x 35cm x 13cm interior dimensions.
    The best quality by far and amazingly tough. it'll stand up to the worst airport staff! We use them for all sorts of kit.
    RRP is 290 but they can be found for 212 including the foam.
    The cheapest place to buy one is probably here Peli 1700 Case
    There was a post offering a Peli discount, but that discount was applied to Peli RRP and most shops sell below that anyway.
    Depending on how long you needed the case for, I'd let you borrow mine, but by the time you pay for postage costs to and from as well as foam to fit to your rifle, it might be worth you just buying one.

It is the Peli 1700 that I finally ended up with after trying several others, so ended up with a few others that did the job but don't look as good !!

I've used a few other brands of plastic cases at my peril! I'd only ever use Peli now, because they're super tough (although a bit heavy) and they have a lifetime guarantee. It means I can rest easy that my kit isn't going to be broken by the time I arrive somewhere, regardless of which idiot's been throwing it about!

The newer thin plastic Peli stuff, like the Ipad case is a disappointment. It's a different plastic to the usual injected abs they use. Its flimsy and not really fit for purpose.

Eddie,

Just sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Where are you in Wiltshire, I have collected a few as I upgraded which you would be welcome to look at .

Mr B,

Thanks for your very kind and generous offer. I think you're right by the time I've shipped it down to me and bought new foam a new case wouldn't be much more. Thank you kindly for the offer though

Quote Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
    Depending on how long you needed the case for, I'd let you borrow mine, but by the time you pay for postage costs to and from as well as foam to fit to your rifle, it might be worth you just buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer_202_6.5x55 View Post
    Eddie,Just sent you a PM.​
    Sorry had a re-think and not able to help.

​I might be able to get a piece of foam for the case for free. That way itd be postage only for you to pay. Any use?

.243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian