BDS SW, Forestry Commission Deer Management and Deer Licences

scubadog

Following on from the event "The Forestry Commission Deer Management and Deer Licences" that is due to be held in the North I have spoken to BDS and the deer initiative offered to host something similar if there are numbers sufficient.

They have asked me to find out roughly how many people might be interested in attending this to see if the event could be a goer.

So does any one fancy it?
Date and location to be confirmed once we have a rough idea of numbers and what is convenient to the majority, though it will be in the south west region.

Edit: Should be deer initiative, not BDS

Last edited:
I'd been keen to have a listen to whats going on. Obviously depends of time and location...

Thanks for looking into this scubadog.

Okay here is an update - John Stowers (South West England Deer Liaison Officer) has organised Norman Healy to present the licensing brief to us in Dorset as well as Peter Green to present on current deer diseases and issues.

All we need to do is agree a suitable location (village hall ect) for this to be hosted.

So with no other better way of doing this where does everyone live?
That way we can choose something local to all.

How about somewhere in North Dorset?

I live close to Shaftesbury so North Dorset would suit me. Plenty of village halls near me also. In fact, I would happily act as some form of liaison between you guys and the village hall custodians as far as booking is concerned.

Regards
Paul

Back