rangefinder

James Todd

Hi guys ..I habe been asked to recommend a range finder by my friends partner so figured it was best to get opinions off here ....budget is around 200 quid upto a max of 250 ....any help greatly appreciated thanks

had a bushnell a few years ago. not a patch on the leica i'm affraid to say.
Zeiss do a nice one for around 300 i think..

Looking for something with a maximum of 250 though and leica is well over that and sonis the zeiss ! Thanks for the replies

James. I have an excellent second hand Leica that I bought from an SD member for £270. Keep an eye open for second hand top brands on here as several members have been selling them to upgrade to range finder binoculars.

She isnt happy buying second hand as a pressie tbh ...had a leupold rx 600 recommended aswell as bushnell yardage pro ...anyone any firat hand reviews ?

The yardage pro will range trees and good big solid object just fine. However, if you want to range the actual deer you will find it limited at anything above normal shooting ranges. Once I bought a Leupold the bushnell got chucked in a drawer awaiting my son getting started on air rifles. I wouldn't sell it as I know that the new owner would not be happy with his purchase and that would reflect badly on me!
For centrefire users I would definitely get a good second hand quality make to a cheap brand new one that will not cut the mustard which applies to all optics I guess?
Baguio

Last edited:
Back