Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilson trimmer tool converter

Wilson trimmer tool converter

Does anyone know if there is someplace in the UK where I can get one of these attachments to replace the crank handle with a power tool?

you can get one but I bought my trimmer from spud on here and he told me not to use a power drill to power it. if you want to know more give him a shout 1967spud

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Check with Wilson to see if the cutter is designed to be run under power before you do anything drastic. I'm not certain about it myself. Never felt the need with my Wilson.~Muir

Personally wouldn't touch much 'wilson' stuff with a barge pole - but an electric screwdriver will do the job, you need low rpm, an electric drill is just too fast.
    Chuck up a ball end Allen key in your electric screwdriver and stuff it in the screw holding the handle on (assuming it is a cap screw), then you are good to go.

Mark, thanks for that. When I say power tool I was thinking along the lines of my Bosh screw driver or my adjustable rpm battery drill.

Joe, they can be fitted with a specific attachment but they seem to be done in the states and are available at MW UK. I was just wondering if anyone new if they were available here. Thanks for your barge pole comments but I will choose to ignore it, as I already have the trim unit and think it is great. As you seem to be the only person I have heard make such negative comments I will go with the more frequent positives.

Quote Originally Posted by blunderbust View Post
    Mark, thanks for that. When I say power tool I was thinking along the lines of my Bosh screw driver or my adjustable rpm battery drill.

Joe, they can be fitted with a specific attachment but they seem to be done in the states and are available at MW UK. I was just wondering if anyone new if they were available here. Thanks for your barge pole comments but I will choose to ignore it, as I already have the trim unit and think it is great. As you seem to be the only person I have heard make such negative comments I will go with the more frequent positives.
    Not really bothered what you think at the end of the day, I was not offering advise just expressing my opinion.
    Unless of course there is a rule disallowing a negative comment that I have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    Not really bothered what you think at the end of the day, I was not offering advise just expressing my opinion.
    Unless of course there is a rule disallowing a negative comment that I have missed?
    No there is no rule and you are entitled to have your opinion just like others do. However your comment would have been more apt had I asked what people thought of the Wilson trimmers. I can only return the comment you have made about you not being bothered about what I think, because I have no interest in any thing that you say. Once again you enter a thread and try to turn it into something where you can try and swing it so that you can make your arrogant self opinionated remarks which I have to admit does not stand you in good stead with other forum members. Now, if you don't have any thing to add with reference to my OP please, butt out!

i have power adapters in stock for wilson trimmer

they are opk as long as you keep the speed slow
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by blunderbust View Post
    How much are you looking Mark?
    28 not cheap but a wilson product and designed to fit the cutter properly
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class