Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barska bino's. Any good?

Barska bino's. Any good?

As per the title... I've got the opportunity to get hold of Barska kit cheaply through work so I thought it might be worth getting a pair of bino's that I can use for general wildlife stuff as well as any future stalking. Are they good for cheap or am I better off forking out full whack for something different?

You're about to get a lesson on how easy it is to spend somone else's money...... Try looking up what you have in mind on amazon (UK or US) and read the reviews..... I'd say that, if they are anything like the cars and tractors they (Russians) build, they oughta be good..... If you aren't completely happy with them, your kids will be when you upgrade... I was looking at barska scopes but, read good reviews, but the better'n you's turn up their noses if it don't cost 500+ bucks.....

I have a Barska 'scope and can't fault it.
    I believe they are also very popular in Australia and the US.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I have a Barska 'scope and can't fault it.
    I believe they are also very popular in Australia and the US.
    any idea if there are different ranges (models) as far as quality or is barska barska....

Thanks....

Regular Poster
    Where there are more Muntjac than you can shake a stick at
    Barska are a Californian company which manufacture in China, not Russia. They have about 80 different binocular products to suit all levels of the market.

The early stuff I saw being raved about on the US forums were Russian made so it seems the "parent" company has moved it's sourcing to China then probably to increase their profit margin. I doubt if the quality will be as stable now.

There are plenty of reasonable Budget priced, stupid term as everyone has a budget it's just the size that differs, we may not like the RSPB for some of it's antics but they do offer a good range of binos in their shops.

Thanks for the input folks, no horror stories so far which is a good sign I suppose. Bearing in mbid that I can get them cheap I think I'll probably take the plunge. What's a good magnification/lens size to go for? Do I lose out on anything by just going for big numbers?

I have had 3 Barska scopes and have been very happy with them.(Still got one) I would rate them as very good value for money and would hope the same could be said for thier bino,s
    Tusker.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Barska bino's. Any good?

NO!

​That is in comparison to 1/2 decent jobs btw.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

Regular Poster
    Where there are more Muntjac than you can shake a stick at
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    The early stuff I saw being raved about on the US forums were Russian made so it seems the "parent" company has moved it's sourcing to China then probably to increase their profit margin. I doubt if the quality will be as stable now.

There are plenty of reasonable Budget priced, stupid term as everyone has a budget it's just the size that differs, we may not like the RSPB for some of it's antics but they do offer a good range of binos in their shops.
    Of the big four binocular manufacturers both Zeiss and Nikon now have production in China ; Zeiss produce their Terra ED there. Nikon are already a glass manufacturer which perhaps gives them an edge in quality control.

All the RSPB binos are made by Viking, and all in China. Some of them are very good. I have a low mag wide angle pair that I use when I walk and shoot over my pointer, they are clear, bright and handy, cheap as chips and very useful.