Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hare courser caught and charged in Norfolk

Hare courser caught and charged in Norfolk

Just found this on a local newspaper site, glad Norfolk police caught them, if only they would catch the deer poachers

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/seven_men_and_two_boys_from_berkshire_somerset_and _dorset_charged_after_reports_of_hare_coursing_at_ ten_mile_bank_near_downham_market_1_2993698

Got a call from the farm manager where I shoot recently to keep eyes peeled after a couple of 'interesting' characters pulled into the yard and actually asked for permission to 'excercise' their dags, lol!! Not long after they were seen driving around the farm buildings so everthing towable has been moved or locked away for a while!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

"They are: Albert Ayres, 48, of Rudge Road, Standerwick, Somerset; Mark Loveridge, 33, of Milton Close, Slough, Berks; Samuel Beldom, 48, of Broadwater close, Wraysbury, Berks; Michael John Cole, 48 of Wigbeth, Horton, Dorset; Shane Chapman, 23 of Juniper Close, Wimborne, Dorset; Peter Barney, 27 of Juniper Close, Wimborne, Dorset and Denny Loveridge, 33, of Datchet, Slough, Berks"

​Hell of a long way to go for a hare.....

Maybe their dags have a lot of stamina and that's where they caught up with em to see who had won?!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

The dogmen we used to deal with were as a rule local scroates but occasionally we would catch a few on their way home from Licolnshire/Cambridgeshire to Lancs.
    Somerset to Norfolk is,however, a hell of a trek!

Somerset to Norfolk is,however, a hell of a trek![/QUOTE]

They have to go to where the right land is, not a lot of Fenland in Somerset..!
    Lincs/Cambs/Norfolk has the best and most suitable coursing land in the country hence the journey.
    No different to travelling the length of the country to Scotland and the Highlands for a stalk or France for a spot of fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    not a lot of Fenland in Somerset..!
    Maybe more than you think though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somerset_Levels

Good hare numbers in some areas as well.

Years ago when it was legal I attended hare coursing near Yeovil, lovely country and good days.

I feel for some of these boys. While I never condone illegal activities, a legal fieldsport was wrongly taken away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    I feel for some of these boys. While I never condone illegal activities, a legal fieldsport was wrongly taken away from them.
    ​+ 1