Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ase Utra S Series

Ase Utra S Series

Ase Utra Having just fitted this on my 30-06 does it have a settling in period ? My groups at 100yds are about an inch without the mod but when I fired with the mod the group opened up in a line going some 6 inches across left to right top to bottom. I checked it was screwed on properly most at the range said to clean it but having only put a dozen or so shots through it I don't think that will help. Any views ??

Just a thought, is the weight of the mod causing the barrel to touch the stock? Or is there any evidence of the bullets clipping the mod?

​wouldnt have thought the mod would need cleaning IMO.

+1 with the above the barrels touching the stock or the bullets catching the mod

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Just a thought, is the weight of the mod causing the barrel to touch the stock? Or is there any evidence of the bullets clipping the mod?

​wouldnt have thought the mod would need cleaning IMO.
    Bullets clipping, you may be right there if I look really really close there is a very small shiny section on the end hole of the mod but it is really small

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    +1 with the above the barrels touching the stock or the bullets catching the mod
    I will check barrel/stock. But if it is bullet touching mod would you drill it out or send it back, if I send it back they may argue barrel thread not square which in my opinion it is. Mod sits tight to barrel

Sounds like it was threaded in a self centering chuck rather than cutting it concentric to the bore. Back to the gunsmith if it was me!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Sounds like you'll need to get it checked out by a rifle - gunsmith the threads must not be cut correctly on your rifle or inside the mod, it wouldn't need to catch much to send the bullet all over the place
    Last edited by 375 mag; 13-11-2013 at 19:09.

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    Sounds like it was threaded in a self centering chuck rather than cutting it concentric to the bore. Back to the gunsmith if it was me!
    It was threaded by Danpd on this forum I will ask him but he knows what hes doing. I will upload a pic of mod

That's just muzzle blast marks if the bullet was catching it would mark the inside edge not the outer edge !