Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trophaendienste Taxidermy Windhoek

Angry Trophaendienste Taxidermy Windhoek

Has anyone used these people in Windhoek?

I handed over a number of trophies for mounting in May and paid in full for the taxidermy (1st mistake?) with the promise the work would be done in three months.

Since then I have sent four emails and have failed to get any reply at all.

I know full well that taxidermists as a breed are notoriously slow but it is very galling to be studiously ignored in this way (and yes I have checked the email address - it is correct) and I am now left wondering if they have gone out of business or are just trying to shaft me.

Don't know them unfortunately but can't the Outfitter help? I'm guessing he put you in touch with them in the first place.
    3 months is also a bit quick, my guy and others I have used is always 6 months.
    Hope you get it sorted mate.
    Cheers
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Safari Hunter View Post
    Don't know them unfortunately but can't the Outfitter help? I'm guessing he put you in touch with them in the first place.
    3 months is also a bit quick, my guy and others I have used is always 6 months.
    Hope you get it sorted mate.
    Cheers
    Adrian
    Its not so much the time - if they had said 'it'll be six months' I could have lived with that.

Its the fact that I am being totally ignored - and yes I did cc the outfitter on the last email.

I just fear that they have either forgotten me or are 'financially challenged'.

Quote Originally Posted by kuwinda View Post
    Its not so much the time - if they had said 'it'll be six months' I could have lived with that.

Its the fact that I am being totally ignored - and yes I did cc the outfitter on the last email.

I just fear that they have either forgotten me or are 'financially challenged'.
    Why not call his mobile ? most PH`s Ive met deal with email on a monthly basis , if they are not busy ,taxidermists in Africa are no doubt the same .

Out of curiosity, who was the outfitter?

I am in the position of planning a safari to Namibia and trying to weigh to weigh up the taxidermy and shipping costs from Namibia vs the shipping and dipping and getting the work done here. The 'unknown' such as above is what I am very wary of.
    Best Regards,
    Adrian.

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianC View Post
    Out of curiosity, who was the outfitter?

I am in the position of planning a safari to Namibia and trying to weigh to weigh up the taxidermy and shipping costs from Namibia vs the shipping and dipping and getting the work done here. The 'unknown' such as above is what I am very wary of.
    The outfitter was Omuramba - http://www.omuramba.com/index.htm A family run ranch with both game and cattle - no complaints there except it is a loooong way east of the airport - but in some ways that is good and everywhere in Namibia is a long way apart - thats why I like it! A lot of space and few people.

But as to taxidermists - judge for yourself but given their total non-response over a period of more than three months to the simple question 'are we nearly there yet?' I would not use them again.

The people I know that have been here:

http://www.shakawasafaris.com/

all used Phil Legget and his work is outstanding but again another taxidermist that doesnt rush the job.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Kuwinda, this is deja vu for myself and 2 mates, 5 years ago, a company called Supreme taxidermy in Jo'Berg went down the same route with us, took 50% deposit from all of us and did not supply our trophies, they closed the company and restarted as Supreme wildlife . Despite the P.H phoning/hassling them we all lost 1500 each, on my last trip the P.H. did not allow any money to change hands until he inspected the trophies and said they were o.k. that was with Karl Human taxidermy, and Guy Swart from Wild Horizon. Losing the money was bad enough, but I lost a huge bodied Kudu with a 65" head. The professional taxidermy guild in Jo'Berg were very helpful, but at the end of the day, getting the legal system to work form this side of the Globe would have been horrendous. Try your P.H. as they normally get a commission for recommending clients, I really hope you get a result as this was a real dampener for us, we also found there were another 9 hunters he had shafted as well, get your P.H. on the case if he recommended the company, this will be something he will not want on his history as an outfitter, being in the country he will have more pull than you. Good luck and I hope all goes well for you. deerwarden.

Result!! The outfitter gave them a push.

They denied receiving any emails - to the address they gave me and the one on their website?? .... and no bounce backs either.

Anyway they are saying three weeks .......

From my previous experience with taxidermists this is all par for the course - maybe its in the genes?

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Well in my opinion they should lose any further work from you or others.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ