Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking of getting a BMH for follow ups

Thinking of getting a BMH for follow ups

Iam considering a BMH as a stalking companion,so do I need a German or a Polish bred dog (is there a difference),I havnt got any Boar on my land so it will purley be for deer.
    are they Ok to keep outside in a kennel with other dogs for company.

Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    Iam considering a BMH as a stalking companion,so do I need a German or a Polish bred dog (is there a difference),I havnt got any Boar on my land so it will purley be for deer.
    are they Ok to keep outside in a kennel with other dogs for company.

Were you not at the talk? You had the opportunity to ask all the questions you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Were you not at the talk? You had the opportunity to ask all the questions you wanted.
    because I live 3.5 hours away and not really interested what a small minded bias individual has to say (if you want the truth)

because I live 3.5 hours away and not really interested what a small minded bias individual has to say (if you want the truth)

Perhaps youve answerd your own question then. Probably best if you get a Lab. Your research for a BGS would have eventually led you in one direction, the direction you think is a small minded bias.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Perhaps youve answerd your own question then. Probably best if you get a Lab. Your research for a BGS would have eventually led you in one direction, the direction you think is a small minded bias.
    I have Labs already both will find deer.
    I take it your in Z German camp then.I will listen to most people advice but when someone says a breed of dog is no good due to it coming form another country Iam afraid that fall on deaf ears.

I have Labs already both will find deer.
    I take it your in Z German camp then.I will listen to most people advice but when someone says a breed of dog is no good due to it coming form another country Iam afraid that fall on deaf ears.

Why do you need a hound? A KBGS could come from several countries.

from my own bmh she would not do well outside in a kennel she needs affection from the family constantly, maybe if they had company of others in the same kennel she would be ok but she likes nothing more than being inside with us, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    from my own bmh she would not do well outside in a kennel she needs affection from the family constantly, maybe if they had company of others in the same kennel she would be ok but she likes nothing more than being inside with us, atb wayne
    thanks for your reply mate,so in your experience they prefer to be in the house ???

I have Labs already both will find deer. I take it your in Z German camp then.I will listen to most people advice but when someone says a breed of dog is no good due to it coming form another country Iam afraid that fall on deaf ears.
    See it shoot it.....
    It has nothing to do with which country the dog is from.

The Germans,Austrians and Hungarians are the founding members of the ISHV.
    There are 11 or 12 countries(one society within each country,with the exception of Germany-it has 2)that do things along the ISHV rules.
    These are the dogs from which to get a dog from.
    Why???
    They are the best dogs bar none as
    1.They have proven workers,tested....
    2.They are bred to conform to breed standards
    3.They are tightly regulated for health purposes.
    So See it Shoot it you get a Polish BGS.....just make sure it comes from the right ISHV society-there is only one in Poland.

Its just a pity most do not educate themselves before making sweeping statements.

Along with this there are also people out there that will make money out of you-so think before you buy.

​Better in the house.
    Last edited by Wolverine; 16-11-2013 at 11:56.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    See it shoot it.....
    It has nothing to do with which country the dog is from.

The Germans,Austrians and Hungarians are the founding members of the ISHV.
    There are 11 or 12 countries(one society within each country,with the exception of Germany-it has 2)that do things along the ISHV rules.
    These are the dogs from which to get a dog from.
    Why???
    They are the best dogs bar none as
    1.They have proven workers,tested....
    2.They are bred to conform to breed standards
    3.They are tightly regulated for health purposes.
    So See it Shoot it you get a Polish BGS.....just make sure it comes from the right ISHV society-there is only one in Poland.

Its just a pity most do not educate themselves before making sweeping statements.

Along with this there are also people out there that will make money out of you-so think before you buy.

​Better in the house.
    thanks for your reply,so in a nut shell as long as the breeding is up to standard it dosent matter if the dog is from Poland or Germany.
    Iam sure there is a few people over here who may be having litters with the right breeding.
    Last edited by see it shoot it; 16-11-2013 at 13:14.