Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ferreting yet ?

Anybody ferreting yet ?

Hi lads anybody been getting ferreting yet? Went the other week and had 37 by 2pm but numbers are down for this farm there was a day when we could've had 80 :/
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Not been ferreting for ages, but, after quite a few ferret-less years, my two daughters (11 and 12) have just started keeping ferrets, and I've still got all my nets and stuff. Might have to give it a go this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    Not been ferreting for ages, but, after quite a few ferret-less years, my two daughters (11 and 12) have just started keeping ferrets, and I've still got all my nets and stuff. Might have to give it a go this winter!
    I absolutely love it I think it's my favourite if all country sports , used to enjoy foxing with my old terrier but he died a while ago I think it's time I got another , but ferreting is where I started and still love it as much today

You can't beat a good days ferreting Jimbo.
    Used to do a lot and a bit of digging with the terriers too

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    You can't beat a good days ferreting Jimbo. Used to do a lot and a bit of digging with the terriers too
    you got that right sir sadly when I went abroad I gave a lot of my permission away to so called mates and now I'm back invites seem to be thin on the ground :/

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    I absolutely love it I think it's my favourite if all country sports , used to enjoy foxing with my old terrier but he died a while ago I think it's time I got another , but ferreting is where I started and still love it as much today
    I agree it's my favourite field sport, just plain fun with a couple of mates and watching the dog working (bedlington whippetX). Started last week had 12 just an staedy morning. My last years hob performed superbly so well chuffed.
    Nettles still got plenty of sting though

Had a go last week got a steady 30. Don't really start till after the pheasant seasons.

ever time I see posts like this it makes me sad I gave all my gear away to a young lad from the midlands. I don't think we have rabbits in Hampshire any more. if I see 2 or 3 rabbits it a red letter day. ive not even used the 22 on rabbits for about 2 years now 20 years ago we had hundreds now none.

sounds like good numbers being taken up north.seems very quiet down here.As said earlier the little stinkers make a great day

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    you got that right sir sadly when I went abroad I gave a lot of my permission away to so called mates and now I'm back invites seem to be thin on the ground :/
    That just sucks brother. I used to go ferreting with my Grand-dad when I was a boy in Middlesex. They are some of my fondest memories from childhood. Unfortunately we don't have rabbits up here , we have snow-shoe hares and jack rabbits ( actually hares ) that don't make burrows. But you probably know that. If I ever do make it back to England, I would love to go out one more time, I always enjoyed it.

AB