Thread: ok lads made a hash of it first time

ok lads made a hash of it first time

ok lads stuffed up on my other post we have two scopes both from the same companey 7x56 and 8x56 the 7x56 has 8mm exit pupil twilight facktor of 19.8 the 8x56 has 7mm exit pupil and twilight factor of 21.2 which is the best for low light use thanks which teoreticaly would be the brighter scope

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    ok lads stuffed up on my other post we have two scopes both from the same companey 7x56 and 8x56 the 7x56 has 8mm exit pupil twilight facktor of 19.8 the 8x56 has 7mm exit pupil and twilight factor of 21.2 which is the best for low light use thanks which teoreticaly would be the brighter scope
    All of them m8,a 6x42 would be just as good ie 42 diveded by 6 =7 max pupil size
    i don't know your age but your eyes will be deteriorating as you get older so therefor an 18 year old with perfect eyes might see a deer and be able to take a shot when you using the same scope might not be able to take the shot,you will just have to pick one as they will both offer the same light gathering capabilitys.
    ​dave

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    Right just looked at your old thread,a scope of say 8x80 (if there was such a thing) would give 10mm exit pupil size but this would have no better light gathering capabilities than a 6x42 to our eyes as the max we can use is 7mm.as long as it's top glass then any fixed scope with 7mm exit pupil will give the best light gathering you can use.

2 p worth
    i have always used 8x56 for hunting but i found that at 54yrs old i was't getting as good picture say 5yrs ago , i talked to a guy at zeiss and he informed its your age n ' try a 50 obj so now i use a duralyt 3-12x50 I
    With the dot i find it far better in woodland stalking than the s&b 8x56

thanks lads i now have all the answers now if i could just fix dislexia and poor eyes and bad hip i might be a happy bunney intresting that using a smaller objective helped paul will have to look in to that thanks for all the informaition

I doubt the average human eye could tell the differences you list