Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Red stag east anglia

  1. #1

    Red stag east anglia

    Hope someone can give me a bit of guidance.
    Although I'm not really a trophy hunter, and definitely don't have the budget for it usually, it has always been an ambition to have at least one representative trophy of each species.

    I would like to find an opportunity to take a representative red stag in east anglia (but my budget isn't up to much so as economically as possible!)

    any advice gratefully recieved

    ​mike

  2. #2
    Blimey, let's wait for the popcorn to arrive.

    I'm not recommending anything to anybody but having heard 1000 per point for a trophy head I think my only advice is don't hold your breath but something could well turn up.

  3. #3
    Got mine from euston Suffolk see my gallery chris Rodgers is the stalker there .plenty of red in his neck of east Anglia .
    ​norma

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tikkathreebarrels View Post
    Blimey, let's wait for the popcorn to arrive.

    I'm not recommending anything to anybody but having heard 1000 per point for a trophy head I think my only advice is don't hold your breath but something could well turn up.
    I have seen a thread on this forum with stags at 100 per point so that sounds like a great deal from what you say!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tikkathreebarrels View Post
    Blimey, let's wait for the popcorn to arrive.

    I'm not recommending anything to anybody but having heard 1000 per point for a trophy head I think my only advice is don't hold your breath but something could well turn up.
    Never heard of anyone in Norfolk charging 1000 a point, normal prices for a big trophy animal are 150 + 120 a point , so a 12 pointer would be 1590, taken from a local advertiser in Norfolk.
    deerwarden

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    Never heard of anyone in Norfolk charging 1000 a point, normal prices for a big trophy animal are 150 + 120 a point , so a 12 pointer would be 1590, taken from a local advertiser in Norfolk.
    deerwarden
    Then I could have been the victim of bullsh** on the beater's cart! Suggest we all treat it as such, better not let Chris Rogers see this.

  7. #7
    Well my euston 10 pointer wasn't a grand a point I'm sure if you ring mr Rodgers he will sort something to suit yr budget even if it is a spiker !
    ​norma

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Well my euston 10 pointer wasn't a grand a point I'm sure if you ring mr Rodgers he will sort something to suit yr budget even if it is a spiker !
    ​norma
    Or shoot a Hummel as its cheaper still

  9. #9
    If you are looking for a representative red stag, why limit yourself to shooting one in East Anglia?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo8 View Post
    If you are looking for a representative red stag, why limit yourself to shooting one in East Anglia?
    Only limiting to e anglia as that's where I live. It's a bit difficult with a young family to get away for a few days on my own to go stalking in Scotland. Much easier to get a pass from the boss to go stalking locally!

Similar Threads

  1. Viht N160 in east anglia
    By Druid in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 14:13
  2. Available Deer stalking available in East Anglia
    By Jim@DGVM in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 18:08
  3. Hi from East Anglia
    By chrism in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 20:31
  4. Hello from East Anglia
    By 300gnspitzer in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-05-2011, 19:07
  5. New Member East Anglia
    By dodge1942 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-12-2009, 19:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •