Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red stag east anglia

Red stag east anglia

Hope someone can give me a bit of guidance.
    Although I'm not really a trophy hunter, and definitely don't have the budget for it usually, it has always been an ambition to have at least one representative trophy of each species.

I would like to find an opportunity to take a representative red stag in east anglia (but my budget isn't up to much so as economically as possible!)

any advice gratefully recieved

​mike

Blimey, let's wait for the popcorn to arrive.

I'm not recommending anything to anybody but having heard 1000 per point for a trophy head I think my only advice is don't hold your breath but something could well turn up.

Got mine from euston Suffolk see my gallery chris Rodgers is the stalker there .plenty of red in his neck of east Anglia .
    ​norma

Quote Originally Posted by tikkathreebarrels View Post

I'm not recommending anything to anybody but having heard 1000 per point for a trophy head I think my only advice is don't hold your breath but something could well turn up.
    I have seen a thread on this forum with stags at 100 per point so that sounds like a great deal from what you say!

Quote Originally Posted by tikkathreebarrels View Post

Never heard of anyone in Norfolk charging 1000 a point, normal prices for a big trophy animal are 150 + 120 a point , so a 12 pointer would be 1590, taken from a local advertiser in Norfolk.
    deerwarden

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    Never heard of anyone in Norfolk charging 1000 a point, normal prices for a big trophy animal are 150 + 120 a point , so a 12 pointer would be 1590, taken from a local advertiser in Norfolk.
    deerwarden
    Then I could have been the victim of bullsh** on the beater's cart! Suggest we all treat it as such, better not let Chris Rogers see this.

Well my euston 10 pointer wasn't a grand a point I'm sure if you ring mr Rodgers he will sort something to suit yr budget even if it is a spiker !
    ​norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Well my euston 10 pointer wasn't a grand a point I'm sure if you ring mr Rodgers he will sort something to suit yr budget even if it is a spiker !
    ​norma
    Or shoot a Hummel as its cheaper still

If you are looking for a representative red stag, why limit yourself to shooting one in East Anglia?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo8 View Post
    If you are looking for a representative red stag, why limit yourself to shooting one in East Anglia?
    Only limiting to e anglia as that's where I live. It's a bit difficult with a young family to get away for a few days on my own to go stalking in Scotland. Much easier to get a pass from the boss to go stalking locally!