Thread: My 7WSM, especially for Sidesy and dropmdead

My 7WSM, especially for Sidesy and dropmdead

Well, here we are then.

I didn't have a long considered plan to invest in a 7 WSM rifle. I didn't even have a little plan, after all I've been reducing my rifles considerably over the last 2 years but, hey, what's life if you can't respond to an impulse now and again. Shall I change my sig to "nolongertikkathreebarrelsbutthreefinnishriflesanda howa"?

So cheers dropmdead and thanks sidesy neither of you exaggerated what you were selling and by the power of this lovely forum and the quality of its members, I now present this little rascal:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1274-1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	259.3 KB 
ID:	34734

Name:	IMAG1279.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	287.5 KB 
ID:	34735

Name:	IMAG1278.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	34736

cracking nice one feller

Is that a Boyd's? If so, which model and how did you find the fit (I've ordered one for my Howa 1500 7WSM.)

Looks great!

​Ben

Quote Originally Posted by xavierdoc View Post
    Is that a Boyd's? If so, which model and how did you find the fit (I've ordered one for my Howa 1500 7WSM.)

Looks great!

​Ben
    Yes, it's a Boyds and as far as I know it's a Featherweight Varmint Thumbhole in SKY laminate. I've only just bought it here from Sidesy so he might be able to add more information for you.

Fit? Well, no problems other than having bought it in the hope that my Howa 1500 7mm WSM was indeed a short action. I unscrewed the standard drop plate bottom metal, lifted the 'orrible rubber overthing stock off the action, placed this stock on the action, replaced the bottom metal and put the two bolts back in. I'm happy with the barrel channel fit - never mind sliding a fiver up the barrel, you could slide the whole wallet up there. (well almost!) Much better!

The inner edges of the barrel channel feel a bit "sawn not sanded" and whilst I'd toyed with taking some fine glasspaper to them to bring them to the same delightfully smooth finish as the external surfaces, it might just be that the job slips down the list. I shall be at least as interested to see how it feels in the hand when wet.

What colour have you got coming Ben?

Pepper.

Glad to hear the fit is not bad off-the-peg.