Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning or Cz

Browning or Cz

Hi guys I'm after a bit advice, I'm trying to decide on a new .17hmr, but I can't decide between a Browning T-bolt and a Cz with stainless barrel? At the moment the only deciding factor for me is price so anyone who has had either your inputs would be greatly appreciated

I own both Browning and Cz rifles both great and accurate its all down to personal choice.

both have poor triggers from the factory but the CZ can be easily and cheaply modified the browning cant!!
    I like brownings (i own 2) but i have cz style in .22lr and it is very accurate, fitted with a rimfire magic trigger kit.
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Asked myself the same question about a year ago. Didn't like the feel of the CZ, so I have a Browning T-bolt in 17HMR, awesome gun. Yes the trigger is heavy when it comes out the factory but it is adjustable with an allen key, no need to strip it out of the stock or anything silly like that.

The synthetic comes with two 10-shot mags which sit flush when installed in the gun. All HMR are ammo fussy, my T-bolt likes Remington's but hates the hornady ammo (spits them everywhere). Which ever you go for get a decent cleaning rod (parker hale) as they need a good cleaning every 50-100rounds.

Without doubt get the CZ. 3 diffrent friends off mine had the browning T bolt. They all have CZ`s now as their t bolts were utter *****. Cz 's are renown for Out of the box accuracy and reliability.

Cz mate, you wont be disappointed

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by timbeech View Post
    Asked myself the same question about a year ago. Didn't like the feel of the CZ, so I have a Browning T-bolt in 17HMR, awesome gun. Yes the trigger is heavy when it comes out the factory but it is adjustable with an allen key, no need to strip it out of the stock or anything silly like that.

The synthetic comes with two 10-shot mags which sit flush when installed in the gun. All HMR are ammo fussy, my T-bolt likes Remington's but hates the hornady ammo (spits them everywhere). Which ever you go for get a decent cleaning rod (parker hale) as they need a good cleaning every 50-100rounds.
    I am sure you will find that all HMR ammo is made by hornady and just re-labeled.

my Sako quad shoots all hmr ammo the same the only slight difference I have noticed is between the 17grain & 20 grain rounds.

I have a Browning T bolt, if I used it more I must admit I'd replace it with a cz with a trigger job. So for my two peneth worth I'd go for a CZ with a trigger job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nod-1 View Post
    I am sure you will find that all HMR ammo is made by hornady and just re-labeled.
    That might well be but I've seen first hand what my gun does with different ammo, and many other people claim the same that their guns like a particular brand of ammo.

I will risk sticking my head up on this one and say CZ, mine has never let me down

Thank you for that guys, guess that settles that 1 Cz again me thinks my Cz I've got only likes 2 makes of ammo that I've found so far so we'll see what the new 1 likes, any ideas for a half decent scope around the 200 mark?