View Poll Results: Which evening could you attend?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday 22nd November

4 25.00%
  • Saturday 23rd November

3 18.75%
  • Friday 6th December

10 62.50%
  • Friday 20th December

3 18.75%
  • Saturday 21st December

3 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: London meeting - Location fixed, dates flexible...

London meeting - Location fixed, dates flexible...

Hello everyone!

From a couple of other threads, it looks like there's some appetite for a London pre-Christmas get-together. Now we could discuss a location in this huge city until we're blue in the face and never agree, but I thought I'd save you all the trouble by selecting The Roe Buck on Chiswick High Street. Obviously I partly chose it because of the name, but I've also been there on several occasions and it's a perfectly good pub. It's a trendy part of West London, so the food is very good, so is the ale, both are overpriced and it's a bit poncey. Under previous management it was also a very gay pub indeed, so some of you may know it from those days. Hey, that's just the score round here, so there we are!

Here are the details of location, menu, and so on: Home - The Roebuck

As regards dates, I propose the following:
    Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd November
    Saturday 6th December
    Friday 20th or Saturday 21st December.

This is the Christmas season so booking a table may be advisable, so let us know if and when you can make it.

Oh, and the Roe Buck quite often has game and venison on the menu, although it isn't Bring Your Own.

Nice one for organising this mate , look forward to seeing what dates are selected as there's a chance I could be in London any of those

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    Nice one for organising this mate , look forward to seeing what dates are selected as there's a chance I could be in London any of those
    You're welcome! I have now added a poll for people to select dates, harnessing the technology available. Oh yes.

The Gay Roebuck on a Friday sounds good to me.

K

Chiswick?! I thought this was to be organised in London, not the outskirts of Heathrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Boghossian View Post
    Chiswick?! I thought this was to be organised in London, not the outskirts of Heathrow!
    Well as it happens, there are quite a few people on the SD who are based on West London, and given that there's a pub with a name that could have been selected on purpose to attract our custom, I thought that would be a decent choice. But then London's a big place. I mean Canary Wharf is as far from my house as some places I've been stalking...

No worries, I'll come if you promise there won't be W London types with red trousers at that pub. This Sat works well actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Boghossian View Post
    No worries, I'll come if you promise there won't be W London types with red trousers at that pub. This Sat works well actually...
    I can't guarantee what the other punters will be wearing I'm afraid. Although I can suggest a "No Cammo" dress code for us!

Chiwick works for me, not keen on the cammo-rousered East London types though.

Note to other members the Roebuck and the gay pub are quite close, no excuses. *

*Except of course, for the cammo trousered East London type...

Quote Originally Posted by Grandhubert View Post
    Chiwick works for me, not keen on the cammo-rousered East London types though.
    What date would work for you though? You need to vote!