Krico Rifle Information Anyone?

I have purchased a Krico rifle, .270 calibre, full stock to end of barrel, and on the barrel there is stamped what looks like to be a Crown followed by the letters J C, followed by a deer antler, followed by another Crown. The serial # on my gun is 187814, also stamped in barrel is the word Krico encapsulated in an open ended oval, and beside that Krico GMBH made in Stuttgart W.Germany. The front sight is gold plated. I am trying to find out when this gun was made, what the stampings mean etc. and any other history. Would much appreciate any info that anyone might know about this, or pointers to where I might find information about this. Thank You

Last edited:
Just checked and the crown letters and antler are the proof marks from the proof house in Ulm. Mine has the same, but with different letters(date code).

Krico rifle info - Tahnk You

Hi T_T,
Thanks for your suggestions of where to find info on my Krico rifle. Here is their reply; your rifle no. 187814 is a model 700 Luxus Stutzen shipped on the 16thAugust 1982.
The stamps JC means the year of proof 82
The deer antler means the proofhouse of Ulm
There should be an German eagle beside the deer antler means German proof.

I don't have the German Eagle on my gun, someone said that it would have been Austrian proof. I am going to e-mail Krico back and ask them that.

Seems you have a rifle that is 6 years older than mine.Nice! I would like to see a picture of yours.
I would send you one of mine but trying to figure out how to paste the picture from my iPad into this e-mail. When I figure it out I'll send you one.
Regards

You have a very good rifle. I have owned a left handed Krico model 700 deluxe in 9.3x64 Brenneke for almost 20 years. Even though its a big kicker it puts 3 bullets into one ragged hole if I do my best. I believe they are very well made and very underrated rifles. A E Hartink has a book "The complete encyclopedia of hunting rifles and shotguns" which has a lot of information on these rifles. If you ever need spare parts for your gun get in touch with me. I know an ex importer of these fine guns in Australia who still has a lot of parts, extractors, magazines etc. Enjoy

I have purchased a Krico rifle, .270 calibre, full stock to end of barrel, and on the barrel there is stamped what looks like to be a Crown followed by the letters J C, followed by a deer antler, followed by another Crown. The serial # on my gun is 187814, also stamped in barrel is the word Krico encapsulated in an open ended oval, and beside that Krico GMBH made in Stuttgart W.Germany. The front sight is gold plated. I am trying to find out when this gun was made, what the stampings mean etc. and any other history. Would much appreciate any info that anyone might know about this, or pointers to where I might find information about this. Thank You

The deer antler is the proof mark of the Ulm Proof House. Are you sure the Crown isn't an eagle? (Good photos would be helpful. You can pour Tippex into the marks and wipe it off, leaving the marks loking white.) The reference to W. Germany suggests its pre-1990

-JMS.

Hi, thank you for your info on these guns, I am interested in learning more about this make of rifle. I would like to get the contact info for the ex importer you know, as I am interested in purchasing another clip for my rifle. I will check out that book. Thanks again

Hi JMS, thanks for your info. I was taking a closer look at the crowns and they could be eagles. I found out that the rifle was made in 1982, so you were right on with your estimate of date. I will try to get a picture of the crowns on the post. Thanks again

Hi if you google Pro Cal Trading in Bannockburn Victoria and then click on spare parts you will see Krico 700 parts listed. You would need to email/phone Peter and check availabilty. I have ordered a magazine and an extractor of him before and he is a very decent fellow to deal with. However I am not sure if he would be able to post to your location, but you can only ask. Good luck.

Hi guys hope it's OK to jump on the back of this thread.
I have been looking into buying a second hand krico 243 with a scope (not sure of the scope make)assuming the barrel hasn't been shot out and all is good what would be a fair price to pay.
It's a full length stock all thank you in advance

You have a very good rifle. I have owned a left handed Krico model 700 deluxe in 9.3x64 Brenneke for almost 20 years. Even though its a big kicker it puts 3 bullets into one ragged hole if I do my best. I believe they are very well made and very underrated rifles. A E Hartink has a book "The complete encyclopedia of hunting rifles and shotguns" which has a lot of information on these rifles. If you ever need spare parts for your gun get in touch with me. I know an ex importer of these fine guns in Australia who still has a lot of parts, extractors, magazines etc. Enjoy
Hello Matey
How are you doing , have you tried any of those Perigrin Bullets from South Africa in your 9.3 X 64 Brenneke do you know what twist rate it is Mate

I have got a few barrels for this coming from Germany .243 .270 .30-06 & 9.3 X 62 Ive got 2 of them one in .270 and 1 in .300 win mag file:///C:/Users/Steven/Desktop/DADS%20FOLDER/FABARM%20IRIS%20RIFLE/fabarm_catalogue_2011(2).pdf Sorry I havnt taken a photo of them yet ?

All the Best Keep Safe

Regards

Steve UK Scotland

Attachments

• KRICO RIFLE WITH AMMO CHEEK APEL MOUNTS.jpeg
    KRICO RIFLE WITH AMMO CHEEK APEL MOUNTS.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 17
Back