Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: rtc dispatch training for police

rtc dispatch training for police

after finding a young mutjac doe today struck by a car unable to move both her back legs i had to call out the police to dispatch her as i had nothing on me (work frowns quite heavily apon me carring a rifle in my cab aparently), when the officer turnt up it took him 3 shots to kill the doe thinking he had killed it on the 1st shot which was through the throat and after me explaining i was a stalker and the deer was very much still alive and to shot it in the chest to finish it he took a 2nd in the liver and then finaly after me touching the spot the bullet needed to go the 3rd and final shot was taken where the doe very quickly expired, now the officer was a nice enough chap and was keen to end the deers life as quickly as possible but he just seemed to lack a basic understanding of how to actualy kill the deer and was quite shocked when i told him not to head shot it and was more than happy when i offered to show him where to shot the deer afterwards and explaining why with the deer still very mobile a head shot wasnt his best option but surley shouldnt of he been trained in how to deal with situations like this? i dont want this to seem as a dig at the police as to be honest rtc deer must take up a very small portion of there day to day work and i truley felt sorry for the chap as he just wanted to do the right thing

2p worth
    ​i agree he needs training not slating off, why not offer your skills to the Head of police firearms training dept and do a training day for them

For interests sake, which of the many tools available to the young constable did he opt for? I hope it wasn't the Tazer or baton round?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    2p worth
    ​i agree he needs training not slating off, why not offer your skills to the Head of police firearms training dept and do a training day for them
    even if i was the worlds greatest stalker my offer wouldnt get the time of day

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    For interests sake, which of the many tools available to the young constable did he opt for? I hope it wasn't the Tazer or baton round?
    no no it was his radio but seriously it was his 9mm pistol

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    no no it was his radio but seriously it was his 9mm pistol
    When they carry a benelli semi 12 with birdshot, to slug available in the ARV. :/

​Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

It just highlights how unsuitable these "humane" dispatch firearms are when used in certain circumstances.................at the expense of deer welfare

Not allowed to shoot them at the roadside in Police Scotland (well Lothians area any how), have to take the deer to the vets to be humanely dispatched if reported.

is there any course's anyone (us) can go on for this? I,ve tried looking it up before but couldn't find any courses.
    stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

This raises an interesting welfare issue, moving an injured animal without proper training.