Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 28.

For sale... Virtually unfired Beretta diamond pigeon EELL 28g multichoke with exhibition walnut. Fired a few hundred shots and totally unmarked
    Complete with case
    Full set of chokes
    28" barells
    Game rib
    Half new price 3,500
    Loads of carts available
    Ftf only

sounds absolutely beautiful red dot
    you do have some really nice gear, i would like to sell my 12g siver pigeon III at some point for a 28g
    but this way out of my league
    good luck with your sale ,its a gun for life and something to pass on

I shot my best ever cock pheasant with the small bore twenty eight... It was a huge January bird that flew along the line and he was high and five guns to my left didn't touch him and that little gun with a light cartridge flipped him over in full flight and my Chessie found him well in the thicket.... Memories that stay for life.

Go on.... treat yourself?

I used a 32" 28bore and loved it ! For some reason the 28 seems to kill far better than the numbers would suggest?

Its too short for me but otherwise I'd be wrestling with my conscience and trying to convince myself I need another gun !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

I never really got the barrell length issue thing. I went from 12-20-28 and going back to a 12 feels cumbersome and slow. I have killed january pheasnts with the small bores with greater satisfaction and cleaner than a 12. Apparently the guys that shoot a lot including most of the Royals have changed to 20/28's because theY are accurate and more fun.
    Last edited by RED-DOT; 24-11-2013 at 13:45.

I used to shoot a 28g in the states, perfect for quail. But also really good on pheasants. The reason is that the 28 g has a very efficient shot pattern , with little shot stringing. I read up a lot on this gauge because I was so impressed with it and the science proves the reality.

Totally true Biffo.. 28's hold a longer and tighter pattern hence the often evidence is the birds head folding back and in some cases the bird in full flight cartwheeling backwards. Never seen that ever with a 12.'

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I never really got the barrell length issue thing. I went from 12-20-28 and going back to a 12 feels cumbersome and slow. I have killed january pheasnts with the small bores with greater satisfaction and cleaner than a 12. Apparently the guys that shoot a lot including most of the Royals have changed to 20/28's because theY are accurate and more fun.
    i'm 6'4" and 18.5 stone with arms like an orangutang and longer barrels just work better for me , I tend to poke with shorter barrels , technique I know but why make it harder for myself?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    i'm 6'4" and 18.5 stone with arms like an orangutang and longer barrels just work better for me , I tend to poke with shorter barrels , technique I know but why make it harder for myself?
    Then you can shoot with whatever you want!