Jelen Deer Services

smithp18

Hi
I am looking to complete my DSC Level 2 with Jelen Deer Services.
Has anybody on the site used them before and how did it go ?

Smithp18

DaveG Hi,

Please do not think this is a pop at you, but....

Regards to the link you posted to the deertalking forum and Jelen sport. I followed that and many other threads posted by Mannlicher Stu and others on that site. He with others, appears to be very disgruntled by the DSC2 process, especially for access to FC land and their change in policy.

People where warned of this change a long time ago, enough time to get themselves a level 2. I myself have managed to do it, although I do not have any access to FC land, or any other land for that matter. I do not and can not see the relevance of anyone posting Jelen sport site as what appears to be a bad example of gaining level 2 and bad publicity for them.

May I add that until I read the thread on the other site I have no, or do not have any involvement with Jelen sport.

Regards

DaveG
Am i missing something here :confused: I cant see any relevant Quote to Jelen deer services on that link :eek:
I have delt with Jelen before, Not for stalking but for other reasons regarding deer & ive found them to be very Profesional & helpfull :!:
Unless you know any different & can post facts on there services or lack of them then may i suggest you dont knock them. Your comment or lack of it for that reason can miss lead others into being alarmed at something that is nothing by comments like "Dont be taken by there advert"

Sorry I might have posted the wrong link,try this one.

http://www.deertalking.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=general/20

Jelen I believe advertise that they guarantee to get you through your DCS2 for £300.

Seeing as the DCS2 ticket is about the candidate demonstrating their knowledge and capabilities to a set and predetermined standard. To guarantee someone a pass for a given figure is leaving yourself open for ethics questioning.

hi AndyL
hope you had a good couple of days
just been looking at that site but was not capable of getting it to post but glad you have
yes it looks a little misleading as it garantees you 3 deer , so so achiveing level 2 , it might hav said something like 'we can guarantee you 3 deer as required for level 2 and help with the paper work to boot as so to say,but i would like to think that anyone going for there level 2, would know what the rules were before they undertake the task and interpret it as the deer that are required,
not against jelen deer offering this cheap option as trying to get your deer for level 2 could cost a damn site more if you are not careful
i am just glad that there are some stalkers/acrredited witness out there that are willing to help out for free
stone

hi sikamalc
i would hazard a guess that this is just another advertisement gimmick but its amazing what you can buy on ebay but shall not go into that :lol:
i wonder in time if they will hav do it as best offer looking at the other thread with all those's AW's offering such good deals yourself included
stone

I am interested how many deer you could shoot with them before you passed your level 2. It may be a good deal if you keep messing up one of the performance criteria and get to shot another deer :lol:

Been away and just caught up on the site to come across this,well i work for Jelen Deer services and what we guarantee is your three Deer towards level 2. Now that can take a weekend or a year its up to you.Obviously you need to be prepared for level2 and know all the Gralloch work, diseases lymph glands etc etc.. we will take you out stalking as many times as it takes you to get 3 Deer, which for the price i don't consider unreasonable. Ebay like it or hate it, we all look at it for what we can get, its simply an advertising media to get the message across.There has already been some interest and i'm sure some one will report back on it in due course.
We also offer stalking on ebay and always have plenty of takers with no complaints to date just checkout the feedback score.
All i'm trying to do here is clarify a couple of points i'm not trying to get more clients. Any Professional stalker should give Ebay ago its a darn sight cheaper than shooting times etc.. and lets face it people are fed up with paying over inflated prices for stalking what we offer is very good value for money :lol:

smithp18 said:
Hi
I am looking to complete my DSC Level 2 with Jelen Deer Services.
Has anybody on the site used them before and how did it go ?

Smithp18

Hi there, I am the director of Jelen Deer Services, and have been watching this subject with interest.

Please feel free to ask any questions on the DSCL2 Initiative that we are offering. There's no catch. No surprises. I just see people getting stitched up left, right and centre by some who 'prey' on those desperate to get their 3 deer for DSCL2.

I was talking to one guy only this evening who has already parted with over £1000, and still not shot his 3 deer! He feels he's being taken for a ride by the AW who has been taking him stalking!

The DSC Levels 1 & 2 are a worthwhile qualification & certificate, but I can't help feeling that some unscrupulous AW's are using it to rip folks off - and it's the same names that keep cropping up time and time again!

Hell, we're supposed to be helping these people to get trained up. Give them a chance!

That's exactly what we at JDS are doing. We've all got to make a living, and you don't get anything for nothing these days, but nobody has the right to exploit people who are simply trying their best to get their DSC L2.

Hi Jelendeer,

"The DSC Levels 1 & 2 are a worthwhile qualification & certificate, but I can't help feeling that some unscrupulous AW's are using it to rip folks off - and it's the same names that keep cropping up time and time again! "

Why are these names that keep cropping up not made more public so that people can be aware of who to avoid?

I am AW74 and have never charged, I have mentioned the distance I have had to travel and let the person decide on a price based on cost of Fuel in their local area.
As I no longer have land of my own I travel and in most cases am fed and watered and that is good enough, I sometimes get an invite back at a later date to stalk but that is an appreciated bonus and is certainly not expected.
How someone could have paid £1000 is beyond belief!

Jelen Deer

I was out with Jelen in December for two Stalks, got a Roe (evening) and Fallow (Morning), I thought that they were very good. I did have previous experience with stalking and I was the only one with my own rifle so I got dropped off and left to it, given boundries etc.......

Mike did his best to get me onto deer, even after shooting the first deer, unfortunatley I didn't get another (saw another 8-10) , the weather was pump to say the least wind etc. was not in my favour and it was chucking it down.

I was going to do my DSC 1 with them in March, but hopefully now I have another route to getting it which is cheeper for me..

I can't comment on their DSC 2, I was hoping to do there 18 month Deer Management Diploma Cse starting in September but there are not enough candidates so they are not running it........

I would deal with them again, I had a good time.

Just to reiterate a point about your level 2s, you only need `ONE` accredited witness and the other two being credible witnesses, these people being made up of experienced stalkers who have done their level twos. It was changed to this method as I believe BASC realised that there were unscrupulus AWs out there taking the mick with multi stalks at a great cost. There is lots of experience on this site that have offered to help some people out who are working towards there level twos, me included. See `Time for level two` thread.

wadashot

Dear EMcC

Thanks for your message. Good on you! I agree, the names of those AW's who are ripping people off should be posted on this site. But it is up to the affected parties to do this.

Also the names of those guys who are willing to help - especially for a beer and petrol -, should also be posted on this site so that folks have someone to contact. I applaud anyone who is trying to help folks out. Keep up the good work.

The problem is, many DSCL2 candidates are afraid to trust anyone due to hearing horror stories about a minority of AW's. We should name and shame, identify the rogues.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards

Mike.

Regards

Thanks to everybody for contributing to this thread, and it’s helped, Also a further thanks to Mike of Jelen Deer Services of his honest and diplomatic replies.

Regards

Smithp18

Back