Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoot Sabotage - new tactics

Shoot Sabotage - new tactics

Just had this forwarded to me and thought I should share.....

Dear CLA member

We have recently warned our branch committees that an anti-shooting group appears to be targeting shoots with the purpose of obtaining photographs of those taking part ‘showing aggression or losing their temper’ while holding a gun. The resulting images are then sent to the Police firearms licensing unit with the aim of getting licences suspended.

On Saturday 16 November there was an incident at a shoot on a CLA member’s land in Cambridgeshire, where eight people dressed entirely in black and wearing balaclavas arrived with the intent of causing as much disruption as possible. They had also been seen walking across the land tipping over pheasant feeders.
    If you find yourself in such a situation, please appreciate the importance of immediately putting your gun into its slip and remaining as calm as possible and avoiding conflict at all times. You are advised to contact the Police immediately using 999, and to pass on the registration numbers of any suspicious vehicle.

Regards

Interesting wonder where the shoot was exactly in Cambs?
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Thanks for the heads up , it always amazes me how little police seem to do about sabs , I know it's hardly bank robbery but they're clearly trespassing and causing criminal damage ....
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up , it always amazes me how little police seem to do about sabs , I know it's hardly bank robbery but they're clearly trespassing and causing criminal damage ....
    Indeed... But you try sorting it out yourselves, because they don`t respond, and there is hell to pay..... God forbid you can impinge on a sabs `human rights` !!!!

We had sabs on a shoot in Hants a few years back, and one of them got isolated from his mates. I believe they used the term of self defence, when interviewed by the police, as the Sab had a bloody great pick handle on him..... Was touch and go, but the `aggravated` nature of the trespass went in favour of the shoot / beater....

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Indeed... But you try sorting it out yourselves, because they don`t respond, and there is hell to pay..... God forbid you can impinge on a sabs `human rights` !!!!

We had sabs on a shoot in Hants a few years back, and one of them got isolated from his mates. I believe they used the term of self defence, when interviewed by the police, as the Sab had a bloody great pick handle on him..... Was touch and go, but the `aggravated` nature of the trespass went in favour of the shoot / beater....

Neil.
    Hi Neil , my point exactly if you or I was found to be on land trespassing and causing damage or even worse armed then I garuntee we would be charged but because the sabs dislike the activity it makes it ok to break the law ...... I sometimes wonder if the police have an agenda with sabs ..

Hi Neil , my point exactly if you or I was found to be on land trespassing and causing damage or even worse armed then I garuntee we would be charged but because the sabs dislike the activity it makes it ok to break the law ...... I sometimes wonder if the police have an agenda with sabs ..
    I'm pretty sure the police are as frustrated as everyone else with them, they certainly don't look happy sitting bored in their Discovery on the side of the road when the local hunt is active just in case there's trouble from either side.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    I'm pretty sure the police are as frustrated as everyone else with them, they certainly don't look happy sitting bored in their Discovery on the side of the road when the local hunt is active just in case there's trouble from either side.
    Then why not more charges for trespass?? They're trespassing and disrupting a lawful activity it shouldn't be too hard to make it stick

Then why not more charges for trespass?? They're trespassing and disrupting a lawful activity it shouldn't be too hard to make it stick
    ^ This!

Becouse trespass is a civil mater not a criminal matter unless they are armed then thats different

armed trespass even with a pick handle the intent is to do harm is a case in itself.