Thread: Pecar 4-10x45 No. 15a Reticle

Pecar 4-10x45 No. 15a Reticle

Looking for the proverbial needle in a hay stack here...

Not only are Pecar scopes no longer made but the reticle I am looking for was never exactly a common one but hoping someone out there can assist me.

It is the one with three dots in a row horizontally, one in the centre and one equidistant each side of that.

I know this is a long shot but as always, if you don't ask you'll never know!

I am looking either to buy a suitable reticle outright or can swap for a No. 2 which is the heavy vertical post that comes to a point just above a thinner horizontal wire - it is the one used with the Enfield Enforcer rifles by many police forces.

Will also consider the purchase of a damaged or broken reticle to use as a base for a custom job.

(Not sure if it makes any difference but the scope is the non-centering reticle type.)

Thanks.

SD Regular
    .......Saw this and thought of you.....(!) Don't think it's the right scope, but might be worth a query. http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-...20427131542002
    Last edited by Eric the Red; 20-11-2013 at 12:39.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Thanks EtR, doesn't say what power the scope is but the reticle is a heavy cross so not the one I'm looking for. Think it's going to be a long search...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pecar reticles.jpg   pecar reticles.jpg  

Talk to Paul Burke (Birmingham area) - he has lots of Pecar bits & is very good man to deal with. He repairs scopes too.

​Ian

p.s. I have a Nikko Sterling scope with the 3 dot type reticle you're after It's a film type reticle and quite grainy but worked well on my running boar rifle (I presume you want the scope for for running target shooting at BSRC etc) P.M. me if you're interested in the Nikko - it is available for not a lot o'cash.
    Last edited by Yorric; 20-11-2013 at 15:43.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Basher View Post
    Thanks EtR, doesn't say what power the scope is but the reticle is a heavy cross so not the one I'm looking for. Think it's going to be a long search...
    It says 4-10x42 on the ad?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    It says 4-10x42 on the ad?
    Oops... sorry EtR, you are quite correct, I was reading the description where it said only heavy cross hair

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Talk to Paul Burke (Birmingham area) - he has lots of Pecar bits & is very good man to deal with. He repairs scopes too.
    Thanks Yorric, I used him a few years back to do some work on a Russian twin post scope, will get in touch with him to see what he can do wrt finding a no. 15a reticle for me. Will pm you about the Nikko scope.
    Cheers.