Tikka t-3 Lite and hard hunting.

Muir

I've logged a few very hard hunts with my Tikka T-3 Lite in 7-08 and must admit I like it. I am generally not a guy who likes synthetic stocks but when hiking up and down mountain slopes or navigating brushy draws it's a real winner. I was hunting at 9000 ft two weeks ago and the Tikka was the least of my burdens. This past week I was hunting South Dakota canyon country and again, the toting of the rifle was a non event. It is quick to handle and very accurate, indeed. I had a hard time getting used to the lightness of the rig (Zeiss Conquest 3-9 on top) so I spent a few minutes every night over the last two months dry firing 3-4 shots at a miniature target on my living room wall. It paid off last week when a hard stalk over open ground ended with my whitetail giving me the needed few seconds to get the Tikka shouldered and to put a Sierra into the boiler room at 80 yards.

In all, two thumbs up on my T-3 hunting experience. I'm heading back to South Dakota today to fill my second tag.~Muir

I'm thinking of getting a T3 Lite sometime after Christmas. I've only heard good things so far. Do you have the blued or the stainless barrel?

I've got a tikka t3 hunter nice wood stock in 6.5 and I recently bought a tikka t3 lite synthetic in .223. I havn't tried it yet but am I right in thinking that if I wanted too I could swap stocks if need be, looking at them both they are identical, magazine size and everything!

I've got a tikka t3 hunter nice wood stock in 6.5 and I recently bought a tikka t3 lite synthetic in .223. I havn't tried it yet but am I right in thinking that if I wanted too I could swap stocks if need be, looking at them both they are identical, magazine size and everything!
you can swap them bud try getting a t3 supervarmint stock second hand gives you lots of space for the light barrel and is much stiffer than standard t3 comes with ajustable cheek piece as well as wider fore end and can hold 3shot or 5shot mags

I have a T3 Lite in .223 and it's a brilliant little rifle. Accurate out the box, good value IMO :thumb:

I'm thinking of getting a T3 Lite sometime after Christmas. I've only heard good things so far. Do you have the blued or the stainless barrel?

I have got a Tikka t3 lite with blued barrel, you can have look at mine next week.

​Cheers

Back