Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting a scope to Europe

Posting a scope to Europe

Just been quoted 61 for international signed for to Austria. Is there cheaper services you have used?

SD Regular
    Be very careful to check what actually is the value that you are covered for...some Royal Mail ONLY cover loss whilst in the UK...and also if the cover is weight proportionate.

​I have to say that I use DHL which is ONLINE TRACKABLE at every stage to send things regulalrly to Nigeria. And, at the click of a mouse I know exactly where it is at any moment. But do check if cover is stated as "up to 70 per kilo@ or somesuch and ask for extra cover.

Beware ANY Royal Mail to Italy as theft in the mail is notorious there. Indeed on ebay I won't send things to Italy or, because of customs problems, to Canada. Be warned!

also remember that if it's lost, you actually need to prove the value of the item, and a sales receipt from the buyer isn't good enough, it needs to be the original receipt from the store where you purchased the item, or they won't pay a penny..trust me, been there, done it.

if there's no original proof of purchase, no point in insuring or tracking the scope, then just use standard post and keep fingers crossed.

tracking itself is a joke, even if it's tracked, if it's 'lost' then the couriers usually say they can't help you and email you a claim form..you pay tracking to feel good you know where the package is in most cases.

Make sure you photograph the area the rings go on....

I priced it based on 3 kgs and be 50 x 10 x 10 and it comes out at 19.00 + vat with DPD. (interparcel.com ) Royal mail and P force are thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by gixer1 View Post
    Make sure you photograph the area the rings go on....
    Or photo an undamaged one but send the damaged item.

Blog Entries
    If it has a magnification of 4x or more isn't the export of a scope restricted from the UK even in the EU?
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    If it has a magnification of 4x or more isn't the export of a scope restricted from the UK even in the EU?
    Ive heard the same.

Sent via DPD. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    I think there must be a fair few people sending scopes back to manufacturers for repair. Especially RFDs and I'm sure they are not all filling out export paperwork.