Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mauser 98 Actions

Mauser 98 Actions

When I was at the Game Fair this summer I was chatting to the nice people at Westley Richards and they happened to say that they got their Mauser 98 actions (made to the original specifications) from a British firm. I just wondered who it was and does the SD collective know who.

Thanks,

David.

Curiosity could kill the Kalahari cat!

made in britain or purchased via british firm? I know Mike from Dolphin here in the UK was looking to import about 1,000 new one's from croatia at around 1K each. as for companies CNC milling new one's I know of a couple in the US and in Germany at close to 2,500 each, but not the UK...suss..

Medwell & Perrett , near Colchester .

Precision Magnum Mauser Rifle Actions

I ve spoken to them, and wish I had known of them 18 months ago....

​Anyone got one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka 260 View Post
    Medwell & Perrett , near Colchester .

Precision Magnum Mauser Rifle Actions

I ve spoken to them, and wish I had known of them 18 months ago....

​Anyone got one ?
    Never heard of them and don't expect to hear much more about them. http://companycheck.co.uk/company/03071303 Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    Never heard of them and don't expect to hear much more about them. http://companycheck.co.uk/company/03071303 Regards JCS
    Oh well, they seemed alive and kicking in September this year, I see they ve filed accounts, but thats the extent of my knowledge.

​Greater minds than mine Gunga Din !

perhaps it was fortuitous that I went for a Borden in the first place
    Last edited by Tikka 260; 21-11-2013 at 18:12.

Also Precision Magnum Mauser Rifle Actions

And they make left handed ones as well - yippee

Hmmm interesting to see who the engineer is.

The Medwell & Perrett actions are very well made but of course owning one I would say that wouldn't I Mine was a one off according Miss Perrett and no I didn't order it just stumbled across it pre owned as the premium car makers are fond of saying.

Lovely as the M&P action is, its still a clunky action of a by gone era.

The newer actions surpass them in looks, performance and prestige in my opinion - Borden being at the top of the game in my eyes….

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    Lovely as the M&P action is, its still a clunky action of a by gone era.

The newer actions surpass them in looks, performance and prestige in my opinion - Borden being at the top of the game in my eyes….

Sorry but I have to disagree. It's neither clunky nor out dated. But then again I have no interest in quad locks etc they are darned ugly. And then again a lot of the rifles held up as wonderful and good looking I find downright awful.

I was handling and looking at a new Ruger American in a gun shop the other day and I wouldn't even use it as a boat anchor it was that ruddy horrible. Christ even the Rem 700 looked and felt better so the new Ruger must be really dreadful.

I would not actually know a Borden if I fell over one... Ahhhh just did a search and it's a rem 700 clone now I remember why I have no interest in them as I detest the 700 and the way it's made.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree. It's neither clunky nor out dated. But then again I have no interest in quad locks etc they are darned ugly. And then again a lot of the rifles held up as wonderful and good looking I find downright awful.

I was handling and looking at a new Ruger American in a gun shop the other day and I wouldn't even use it as a boat anchor it was that ruddy horrible. Christ even the Rem 700 looked and felt better so the new Ruger must be really dreadful.

I would not actually know a Borden if I fell over one... Ahhhh just did a search and it's a rem 700 clone now I remember why I have no interest in them as I detest the 700 and the way it's made.
    Great reply Brit.... it gave me some amusement at least. Even Paul of Tarsus changed his mind, some of us try to keep an open mind on many issues. I agree with you in that I wouldn't have a Rem 700 from the factory, but there are many 'clones' that are not the same animal at all. Still, each to his own, good thing that we don't all think alike, the world would be a very boring place.

ATB

​Peter