Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss 2,5-10x52

Zeiss 2,5-10x52

Hi somebody may have noticed that I have made a few riflescope threads in the latest, but every rifle needs a fitted scope. This time im looking for a classic variable for my 270W. And the old Zeiss 2,5-10x52 with 4ret seems nice for it.

Do anybody have it, or have seen it and what do you think of it. Im wondering how it would compare to the modern Duralyt.

Given the choice of the whole range in Zeiss scopes recently for demoing on to clients, I chose another Duralyt 3-12x50 Illuminated after selling one the one on my rifle to a client who had to have it. The Duralyt simply meets all my expectations for the perfect deer stalking scope. The illuminated Duralyt is just a simple, highly practical, all conditions optic that the guests use with great satisfaction every time. When you use the dot for the first time you'll get excited. It's a different level and in any light that dot makes shooting easy.

Your 'old' Zeiss is still very impressive glass for any rifle though.

Thank you for the information. I have no doubts that the Duralyt make for a fine optic and I would like to have illumination but the scope just doesen't fit on a "old" classic rifle. But glass wise they should be pretty even dont you think? Of course reticles are differen where the old one has the thich traditonal #4 reticle against the Duralyt and modern scopes think #4 reticle.

A friend of mine swears by his old 2.5-10x52. A Kahles 3-9x40 ? I picked one up on Egun for €50 with a broken reticle.
    Posted it to Kahles who overhauled it,new seals,cleaned the glass and fitted a new reticle for I think about 170€.

A nice scope to my mind for an old classic. 26mm diameter though.

yeh the glass is tops

I have a duralyt and have to say its a great scope, Paul very kindly offered to let me have a look through his one before I purchased (Thanks Paul!) and that tells me that the people representing these scopes are happy to stand by them.

The scope has now been on my rifle for about 6 months and has had the usualstalking treatment of crawling through grass, woods, heavy rain and now snow and it is still great.

I would say the only thing I personally would like is a little more magnification, up to say 14 or 16.

Regards,

Gixer

Hey glogin it is the exact same scope I have found for a bargain. Just with reticle 4 of course. How is the sight picture on such an old model? Still good field of view and still sharp picture? I guess it got some tunnel-view at 2-3X but who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Renico View Post
    Hey glogin it is the exact same scope I have found for a bargain. Just with reticle 4 of course. How is the sight picture on such an old model? Still good field of view and still sharp picture? I guess it got some tunnel-view at 2-3X but who cares
    If you want to use it on driven hunt it may matter to you. FOV was never an issue for me. It is good low light scope. I used it on my stalking .308 and now is sitting in a cabinet waiting for a rifle to be mounted. If it is a bargain go for it. I would still buy 30yo Zeiss over many brand new scopes...

I also have a near mint, early (west Germany made) Zeiss Diavari - ZA 2.5-10x52 T* sitting on my Sauer 101. Super smooth zoom, excellent, crystal clear optics and at dusk and dawn is the best scope i have ever used. But i still fancy a new Duralyt with the ir.
    http://s21.postimg.org/oxzg0fjtj/IMG_0294.jpg
    Last edited by Drew 3; 24-11-2013 at 10:04.