Thread: Just wanted to say...

Just wanted to say...

Hi all, just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying reading through your forum. I joined it a while back but haven't got much really to contribute as I've never done any kind of deer shooting. I've had my fac&sgc for about 6 months now and I've currently got an opening for a 223 which I'm going to change for 22-250.
    Anyway.. Just wanted to let you all know that as a novice shooter, the knowledge that I've learned purely from reading what you guys share for free has been much appreciated!

Thats it!

​atb forum!...

Hello Fishnshoot,

I am sure everyone will be complemented with your kind words and it's good to hear you enjoy and learn along the way.

Hopefully one day you will want to try stalking for yourself, and if you do, you are certainly in the right place to get help.

Happy hunting and have fun with the 22-250

Why would you think that you have nothing to contribute?
    Don't be put off posting your opinion on any subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo8 View Post
    Why would you think that you have nothing to contribute?
    Don't be put off posting your opinion on any subject.
    Lot of guys on here been at it a long time... Slightly intimidating!!

You will find that the most experienced people on this forum are all very approachable and will answer any of your questions, there is no such thing as a silly question when you are new to the sport and learning.

Just remember this is the internet and you are bound to get the odd few rotten eggs but admin are very quick to jump on them.

Fire away and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb1956 View Post
    You will find that the most experienced people on this forum are all very approachable and will answer any of your questions, there is no such thing as a silly question when you are new to the sport and learning.

Just remember this is the internet and you are bound to get the odd few rotten eggs but admin are very quick to jump on them.

Fire away and enjoy.
    for sure! I've been a member on other sites - mainly air gun forums - and have witnessed enough trouble makers.
    At this point in time I'm purely at the research stage, I've not got a rifle capable of taking even roe yet so I'm just grateful there's some where I can read good advise.

kind regards again folks!

p.s ... Also most of the questions I've got have no doubt been answered many times before, so no point asking people to constantly repeat themselves... A quick search usually turns up what I'm looking for, and also leads me on to other questions.
    Last edited by Fishnshoot; 21-11-2013 at 21:13.

Good to hear some one who is very honest with regards to the amount of experience they have. We all have to start at the somewhere. Hope you get opportunities to learn and gain experience

Quote Originally Posted by rem284 View Post
    Good to hear some one who is very honest with regards to the amount of experience they have. We all have to start at the somewhere. Hope you get opportunities to learn and gain experience
    I've got permission to shoot on several farms and they all have roe on them, but even at this point in time I'd not be comfortable taking one as I feel I'd just be doing it for the sake of taking a shot. I intend to pass my dsc1 before I even contemplate taking one as I feel it's only fair to the animal....
    But in the mean time I can learn from what you experienced stalkers have to share, and hopefully when I do my level one I'll have more of an understanding of what is to be expected of me.

Fishnshoot, you'll find yourself amongst good people on here.
    Ask the questions you want to ask, there is a wealth of knowledge on this site!