Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Follow up shot needed

Holy **** indeed! That was educational! Wonder where it was hit? Probably low neck and missed any bone.
    MS
    Just watched it again, looked like a throat wound maybe? Deer knocked down/out by impact but not fatal. Deer runs off to die a very slow death - not good!
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 21-11-2013 at 23:35.

fancy posting a video of yourself ballsing it up

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Holy **** indeed! That was educational! Wonder where it was hit? Probably low neck and missed any bone.
    MS
    Just watched it again, looked like a throat wound maybe? Deer knocked down/out by impact but not fatal. Deer runs off to die a very slow death - not good!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    fancy posting a video of yourself ballsing it up
    how do we know it ran off to a slow death and not shot again, did he balls it up ? or miss by 1/4 inch, never had a deer that you had to follow up, then you have not shot enough deer. As to posting it on you tube, people seem to need to bear there souls for some unknown reason.

All speculation without being there and seeing where the bullet actually struck during a gralloch....

Here is the link to a friends story with a large red stag that was shot smack on the money and what it did. Sh*t happens as they say...

1st NORFOLK STAG

It seems to me that if he hadn't been so busy filming he might have had the nous to put another bullet in an animal he could see was still breathing (a fairly conclusive indicator that it was still alive, and suffering).

What was he planning to do instead? Stand by and wait for it to bleed out? Jump on it with a knife?

As I see it, the best decision he made was to post his mistake on Youtube for others to learn from.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    It seems to me that if he hadn't been so busy filming he might have had the nous to put another bullet in an animal he could see was still breathing (a fairly conclusive indicator that it was still alive, and suffering).
    there is no disputing that....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post

What was he planning to do instead? Stand by and wait for it to bleed out? Jump on it with a knife?

As I see it, the best decision he made was to post his mistake on Youtube for others to learn from.
    Absolutely spot on, at the point of realising it was still breathing the idiot should have put the bloody camera down and shot it again, IMO, that's what I would have done anyway.
    Wingy

to me it seems like he was using a head type camera not hand held but more to the point seems like he had never been in a situation before where the deer had still been breathing and definately wasn't expecting it to jump up.
    Although he has negative comments i do think videos in this context are good for newcomers to see the reactions of deer that have been shot.
    how many see a runner and fear the worse everyone has and will.
    with experience you know what to do and you learn more from mistakes than any book he will never forget that and hopefully it was dealt with, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

You could see it wa moveing so a second shot should have been done before he sh*it his pants.