Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One new from Czech Republic

One new from Czech Republic

Dear shooting and hunting fellows,
    let me introduce myself:

my name: Roman
    shooting experience: mainly with pistols in .40 (IPSC shooter since 1998)
    hunting experience: since 2009, hunting boars (lots of driven hunts, too), roe deers, fallow deers
    calibers: 9,3x62 Mauser + .223 Remington – shooting only my reloads, preferably with Barnes TTSX

Now, I want to focus on a fox and raccoon dog hunting, so any advice on a good digital Fox Caller would be really appreciated, in deed.

From what I have read so far on the web it is seems that it will be between Mini Colibri and Fox Pro? – which is allegedly best to get from a bloke using name Stevienicknack who can get it and load it with all the sounds you may need – any other opinion folks? or any contact to this gentleman, please?

Thank you very much, Roman

Hi Roman, welcome. I have just returned from Estonia where I saw and shot my first Racoon Dog. Strange beast indeed!
    i dont use any digital callers, just my mouth and a plastic caller. Worked for my grandad and seams pretty good for me.
    Tusker

Welcome Roman,

You lucky fella, pistols are a distant memory here.................
    I have used Foxpro's for around 5-6 years and have never had a problem with them in all sorts of weather and some pretty harsh treatment including me leaving it on the roof of the truck and driving off, dumping it on the road, still works perfectly.
    I've never tried the mini colibri so can't comment on them, but to be honest I dont believe I would change.

Greetings from another continental shooter.

Also use a 9.3x62 and I have a 9mm P226.

Enjoy the site and welcome!

Hi Roman, I'm also using a Foxpro, the Scorpion model, use it more through the summer months for sitting out at dusk. It works very well, and I also use it on crows, but only to photograph them, as the law here is a bit funny about shooting them over an electronic caller. I don't think Steve is still doing them, but you could try him, and I believe he's changed his handle to 204 Ruger
    I got mine from the states, from allpredatorcalls.com http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/
    Kev.
    Last edited by kevhumps; 22-11-2013 at 21:29.

Hi Tusker,

this Raccoon Dog is an interesting little creature – they are not one of the original species in my country, they are invasive species and some believe that they are predators with more of a potential than foxes – meaning that they are like little (micro) bears eating almost everything and even climbing trees...

I have never shot any of them but saw few – it is funny to see it on a snow, just hairy dark ball rolling on the fields...

Ii had been virtually impossible to meet any of those in my country couple of years ago but now their population seems to be growing every year. What is also interesting is the social tie between them and foxes. We believe they tolerate each other but someone allegedly eye witnessed that if these two meet at the bait, fox lets raccoon dog to feed and goes away.

Yeah Fresh Face, I know – I have some British friends who lost their pistol, and have to borrow them everytime they come to CZ for an IPSC match...

Thanks for sharing you FoxPro’s experience, seems to be a good product – hopefully, even those cheaper ones like Wildfire 2 or Hellfire will do the job.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    Greetings from another continental shooter.

Also use a 9.3x62 and I have a 9mm P226.

Enjoy the site and welcome!

Thanks for the tip Kev on your favorite Foxpro, the U.S. seller and this link to Steve – I will try to contact him on his nick 204 Ruger.

Isn´t just little bit sad that almost everything is so ridiculously expensive here in Europe – that what you pay in States in dollars you pay exactly the same here (sometimes even a bit more) but in Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by kevhumps View Post
    Hi Roman, I'm also using a Foxpro, the Scorpion model, use it more through the summer months for sitting out at dusk. It works very well, and I also use it on crows, but only to photograph them, as the law here is a bit funny about shooting them over an electronic caller. I don't think Steve is still doing them, but you could try him, and I believe he's changed his handle to 204 Ruger
    I got mine from the states, from allpredatorcalls.com http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/
    Kev.