Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hell !!!!

What the hell !!!!

Out stalking this morning when walking down one of the rides and seen this. Wonder if anybody knows what animal it came from (I thought a goat) and what would bring it down? The leg was about the length of my arm. There was also loads of blood around but no signs of the rest of it or what on earth killed it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

I think it's a unicorn leg that's been dropped by a passing griffin.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Heard there was a lion pirde up there?

No idea what would have done that?!?

About 10yrs ago I remember coming across what I thought was possibly signs of big cat activity, from memory it was large scratches up the trunk of a tree and nearby evidence of a kill,carcass and blood. This was out in the countyside where I used to ride my bikes, I had been out for a ride when I came across this scene, I don't think I ever made it through that section as quick and it took a fair while before I went back.

Could your our discovery be the remenants of a big cat kill?
    Last edited by Ieazo; 22-11-2013 at 20:34.

Reminds me of the film 'Predator' - more chance of that than a big cat... 'it's using the trees'
    Last edited by Yokel Matt; 22-11-2013 at 21:07.

stuff can get carried a hell of a distance, foxes ,birds of prey ect. I recall a story of a salmon carcass at 2000ft above the valley floor at a fox den. At a guess I would say sheep/goat shot through shoulder by fc ranger either that or yeti kill

Quote Originally Posted by Yokel Matt View Post
    Reminds me of the film 'Predator' - more chance of that than a big cat... 'it's using the trees'
    I could come up to South Lanarkshire with the AR15/SP1 and have a look if you like............although the weather was nicer in Central America.

Looks like a kill from a pack of haggis.

Regards kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by kev.rem700 View Post
    Looks like a kill from a pack of haggis. Regards kev
    Brilliant looks spot on to me, but is it the short leg or one of the longer ones? ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!