Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: night master 800

night master 800

Hi all xmas is coming and looking to buy myself a little present. What are SD members views and experience with the Night Master 800 torch?

Very good! I have both the red and yellow filters - although, yellow seems to be more white than yellow!

Fantastic bit of kit, highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocker101 View Post
    Fantastic bit of kit, highly recommended.
    +1 get the red led version ive got 2 of them cracking bits of kit

I've got one, spare neck section so I keep one with a white led and the other with the ir in for use with NV.

Brilliant piece of kit with a cracking aspherical lens, good clean focus although note that when tightened right up the beam is actually square not round.

Good useful piece of kit, worth having IMHO.

You can get cree lights much cheaper but I'm sure you'll be happy with it... I've found that green bothers animals less than red and is easier on your (mine anyway) eyes.... If it's anything like the 802 (and even 501/502) cree light, you'll be nicely surprised..... Does it come with the remote pressure switch?

Didn't come with a pressure switch, I was going to add that I bought mine with the additional battery extension tube and have not used it without the second battery so can't comment on the standard one battery version.

I got mine with the fully adjustable (and lockable) weaver mount and it's cracking for what I use it for.

Go on treat your self i have two one for the NV in IR and one in green this i find is the best colour for pushing the light out and not many fox's see green lights mine are as they come in the standard size ,i have got a few rechargable bat's , but as i just spot with mine i have yet run one down
    Last edited by paul o'; 24-11-2013 at 12:16.

Quote Originally Posted by ems bach View Post
    Hi all xmas is coming and looking to buy myself a little present. What are SD members views and experience with the Night Master 800 torch?
    get the xsercher compare the nm800 to the x sercher and you would pick the xsercher more distance brighter beam for not much more money

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    get the xsercher compare the nm800 to the x sercher and you would pick the xsercher more distance brighter beam for not much more money
    Isn't the X Searcher just a replacement 'head' and lense for the NM, I'm sure that's what it was when I was buying mine, why you'd need to throw the light any further than the standard lense does is beyond me as it already chucks it much further than you'll be wanting to shoot and plenty far enough to spot (white led anyway).

If it is a replacement head and lense it won't make the beam brighter but may focus it so it throws it farther.

Just checked and found this:

"XSearcher Head for Night Master

The XSearcher head is an add-on for the Night Master 800 and '800-IR models. To use, you simply unscrew the Night Master head and replace it with this one - using your existing LED. It uses a 66mm convex lens, compared to a 50mm lens in the Night Master. This bigger lens provides a tighter beam and more distance. Despite being bigger, there is still sufficient clearance from a scope's 56mm objective lens tube when using the high scope mount supplied in the Night Master 800 kit."
    Last edited by Ieazo; 25-11-2013 at 07:44.