night master 800

ems bach

Hi all xmas is coming and looking to buy myself a little present. What are SD members views and experience with the Night Master 800 torch?

I've got one, spare neck section so I keep one with a white led and the other with the ir in for use with NV.

Brilliant piece of kit with a cracking aspherical lens, good clean focus although note that when tightened right up the beam is actually square not round.

Good useful piece of kit, worth having IMHO.

You can get cree lights much cheaper but I'm sure you'll be happy with it... I've found that green bothers animals less than red and is easier on your (mine anyway) eyes.... If it's anything like the 802 (and even 501/502) cree light, you'll be nicely surprised..... Does it come with the remote pressure switch?

Didn't come with a pressure switch, I was going to add that I bought mine with the additional battery extension tube and have not used it without the second battery so can't comment on the standard one battery version.

I got mine with the fully adjustable (and lockable) weaver mount and it's cracking for what I use it for.

Go on treat your self i have two one for the NV in IR and one in green this i find is the best colour for pushing the light out and not many fox's see green lights ;) mine are as they come in the standard size ,i have got a few rechargable bat's , but as i just spot with mine i have yet run one down

Last edited:
Hi all xmas is coming and looking to buy myself a little present. What are SD members views and experience with the Night Master 800 torch?
get the xsercher compare the nm800 to the x sercher and you would pick the xsercher more distance brighter beam for not much more money

get the xsercher compare the nm800 to the x sercher and you would pick the xsercher more distance brighter beam for not much more money

Isn't the X Searcher just a replacement 'head' and lense for the NM, I'm sure that's what it was when I was buying mine, why you'd need to throw the light any further than the standard lense does is beyond me as it already chucks it much further than you'll be wanting to shoot and plenty far enough to spot (white led anyway).

If it is a replacement head and lense it won't make the beam brighter but may focus it so it throws it farther.

Just checked and found this:

"XSearcher Head for Night Master

The XSearcher head is an add-on for the Night Master 800 and '800-IR models. To use, you simply unscrew the Night Master head and replace it with this one - using your existing LED. It uses a 66mm convex lens, compared to a 50mm lens in the Night Master. This bigger lens provides a tighter beam and more distance. Despite being bigger, there is still sufficient clearance from a scope's 56mm objective lens tube when using the high scope mount supplied in the Night Master 800 kit."

Last edited:
Isn't the X Searcher just a replacement 'head' and lense for the NM, I'm sure that's what it was when I was buying mine, why you'd need to throw the light any further than the standard lense does is beyond me as it already chucks it much further than you'll be wanting to shoot and plenty far enough to spot (white led anyway).

If it is a replacement head and lense it won't make the beam brighter but may focus it so it throws it farther.

The XSearcher head is an add-on for the Night Master 800 and '800-IR models. To use, you simply unscrew the Night Master head and replace it with this one - using your existing LED. It uses a 66mm convex lens, compared to a 50mm lens in the Night Master. This bigger lens provides a tighter beam and more distance. Despite being bigger, there is still sufficient clearance from a scope's 56mm objective lens tube when using the high scope mount supplied in the Night Master 800 kit."

All well and good if you allready have a NM800. It doesn't sound as though the OP does. Look in the classifieds i have a full Xsearcher kit for sale thats less than a week old!! I have had 2 NM800's and while they are very good the Xsearcher blows it away.

Thanks all for your comments just posted my letter to Santa with the night master 800 on top of the list :D.

hi bud on more than one ocasion i have spotted fox at 200yards with the nm800 but fox now moves to 230yards and you cannot see it throe the scope is it a fox or a sheep so no shot cant identify target or whats behind it then got the xsercher fox at 250yards easely spotted shot can now spot them to 500yards easely shot identifiyed at 250 hence why i recomended the xsercher when the nights get bad you want all the power you can get and identifiying your target and whats behind it is priyoritey

hi bud on more than one ocasion i have spotted fox at 200yards with the nm800 but fox now moves to 230yards and you cannot see it throe the scope is it a fox or a sheep so no shot cant identify target or whats behind it then got the xsercher fox at 250yards easely spotted shot can now spot them to 500yards easely shot identifiyed at 250 hence why i recomended the xsercher when the nights get bad you want all the power you can get and identifiying your target and whats behind it is priyoritey
Totally agree about the nm800, had the same problem about identifying target at that range sheep or fox ,i am using a S&B 8X56,looks like i need an x searcher head more bloody money,oh well maybe santa will bring me one lol

Totally agree about the nm800, had the same problem about identifying target at that range sheep or fox ,i am using a S&B 8X56,looks like i need an x searcher head more bloody money,oh well maybe santa will bring me one lol

£74.95 for the head ,no way

£74.95 for the head ,no way
get it from the states they say will not post to uk bull pay with pay pall they have to send it full xsercher 70pounds mate just ordered 200pounds worth and just put in another order

Would one of you kind gents who own one of these please measure your Nightmaster batteries for me please, just so I know if my current batteries will be a good fit..?

Cheers

MarkC

A timely thread as I'm looking for a rifle mounted lamp. I've narrowed it down to two - how does the Tracer alternative compare to the Nightmaster? Also, I won't be using nightvision, so won't need IR so what colour LED should I choose for using on rabbit and fox?
Thanks

Back