high seat injury

pete evans

having spent three successive sessions in highseats glassing almost constantly I developed a very swollen and tender left elbow. Turns out I have an olecranon bursitis which will take a few months to resolve. I suspect that having my elbow on the side rail to stabilise the image as I pan up and down the various swipes and rides in the woods is to blame. If you do the same then may I suggest you pad the rails of your seats rather than having a thin metal bar as this is very painful and to be avoided.

Or a bit of old roll mat in the elbow of your jacket, soon get used to wearing it and save the elbows a lot of wear!

Know the feeling, I get the same with my bad habit of driving with my elbow resting on the door top against the window. Cold + vibration = pain in the elbow
Wingy

Know the feeling, I get the same with my bad habit of driving with my elbow resting on the door top against the window. Cold + vibration = pain in the elbow
Wingy

Get a Landover, you'll never suffer again - the only way you can rest your elbow is to open the window :norty: (Yes, before anyone says it, I do own a Landrover...)

To answer the OP problem, the bits of roll matting suggested are a really good idea, I have an old DPM smock that has got a couple of pockets on the outside of the elbow that I put this into and it's great when leaning on rails or taking prone shots on stony ground etc. I also have a pair of Fjallraven trousers that have these pockets on the knees too.

The roll matting eventually gets squashed but at <£5 for a complete 2' x 6' roll it's not going to break the bank to replace a few bits every so often.

Get a Landover, you'll never suffer again - the only way you can rest your elbow is to open the window :norty: (Yes, before anyone says it, I do own a Landrover..

.:rofl: you cant beat a wet numb arm or smashed knuckles when trying to turn right with wet gloves on lol .

Just to add my 2p worth

I have a set of elbow pads as iv had a opp due to tennis elbow and its bloody painful, I got mine from boots and they keep you warm under your coat and most of all cushion your bones and bits. Hope you feel better soon

PS: Don't have the opp hold out as long as you can it will stuff your shooting up for a far bit of time

Back