Thread: Sunny morning

Wink Sunny morning

Out yesterday morning after sika hinds the wind was fine but the sun was going to be an issue. Sure enough after 15 or 20 mins, spotted activity about 130yds ahead and of coursre being sika ,one of them was alerted to something approaching. She settled again but moving was not an option. So I was pinned down, I had the rifle on the sticks and waited almost 30 mins for a chance .
    ​They moved in and out through the small trees disappearing in the hollows but never into open ground.
    Finally an opportunity presented but I was blinded by the sun from my left ( I'm a leftie) ,raising my hand to the side of the eye piece gave me clarity.
    The solution was to drape one of my gloves over the scope and fold the b creek forward on it . Worked a treat - 2 hinds for the chill.

Might help someone some day.

That's the reason you keep the hood on your stalking jacket

Ooops I had one of those with me too - Maybe I should be in the "top tit" section

I always carry a scope enhancer in my response pak that way should I need it it just slips on and solves the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Sniper View Post
    I always carry a scope enhancer in my response pak that way should I need it it just slips on and solves the problem
    scope enhancer? Response pak? Holy smoke batman...