Lamping

A good mate of mine invites me every year for a days pheasant shooting with him, anyway he asked me if I would nip over with my rifle and have a look for charlie with him.
Last night was the night and it was looking good -1.5 when I left home but half an hour later at his place it was 3.5ºc, we set off and in the 3rd field we found our first target up on the sticks around 100yrd and it was down, a quick look around and there was number 2 around 150yrds which soon joined its mate.
We gathered them both up my mate flicked the lamp on and I couldnt believe it another 1 !! So that was 3 in the bagand we had not been out for half an hour.
We carried on and when we got on the last part of the ground we found another which I took then in the next field we spotted yet another which was heading towards the wood, we made our way into the field and stood with the hedge to our backs but no sign of it.
We gave it a minute had another look with the lamp and nothing so I gave a quick squeak and out it came, off with the lamp and another quiet squeak and it was coming in like a train.
So we had that one too which was all good practice off the sticks.
Happy shoot now have 5 less for the time being.

They were like peas in a pod, 1 dog the rest vixens.

Attachments

• 20131123_203805.jpg
    20131123_203805.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 20131123_202055.jpg
    20131123_202055.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 60
Nice one Dave that looks the biz, only problem on that ground you would spend more time opening gates than lamping. Catch up with you soon mate.

Aye up Andy, good shooting mate and a successful night out on the Charlies.

Will get you up for the last Level 2 stalk in the new year, and hopefully arrange for a weekend away on the CWD and Munties. Now I have another 500 acres of CWD and Munty stalking near my other ground we have plenty to have a crack at and be getting on with. Just need to find the time to fit it all in as I have been so busy.

Chat soon.

Well done Andy 4 less vixens to breed. Did you ever buy a log splitter or are you still busting a gut with the axe.

jimbo

Cheers Malc I will look forward to it, and thanks Jimbo yes that has made a difference on the shoot. Still working out with my splitting maul but I will get a splitter one of these days.
Are you the Jimbo who I met on the shell garage ? So many Jimbos on here now I have lost track.

Are you the Jimbo who I met on the shell garage ? So many Jimbos on here now I have lost track.

Yeh that's me and the Landrover has gone and like you i now have Hilux :D.

Kind regards Jimbo

Back