Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a new folding Knife.

Recommend a new folding Knife.

Yesterday I broke my Kershaw black horse Knife . I'm now looking for a new Knife. I like the blade shape of the black horse but not sure what its called. Any help and Ideas gratefully received.

Think that'll be a clip point as I recall, there was a small version and full size version of the Black Horse. Have a look at the Buck Alpha, good steel used in their blades.

Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Benchmade are very good, some too well designed to be ruined by hard use.

very nice indeed, may have to treat myself, one of my christmas presents to myself i think. To go with the barbour crushable bushman i have just bought!

I hope you do not mind me asking, but have you thought of a fixed blade knife? They are generally easier to maintain and tend to be more hygienic when it comes to using them as stalking knives...

Your Kershaw was a clip point! try the sog flash 2, a real gem. imo

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    I have one of these...and it is really rather good; wasn't cheap but you get what you pay for

http://www.hourvari.com/produit/chas...e/lmFqkWyUkWtl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20_3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	35128

I take it you broke this knife in "normal use" !
    are'nt they covered with a Limited Lifetime warranty (original owner).
    Perhaps your local Kershaw retailer could be of assistance.

I have the smaller Black Colt, which has served me well for many years,
    Gerber Gator (clip) might be another option.

Rgds. Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by crouch valley View Post
    Yesterday I broke my Kershaw black horse Knife . I'm now looking for a new Knife. I like the blade shape of the black horse but not sure what its called. Any help and Ideas gratefully received.
    Send it back under warranty, you will get the warranty form from there web page .I have sent 6 back when there locking gave up .every time I got a new one .