Moderator choice for a traditional stalking rifle

Heym SR20

I am thinking I might have to put a moderator onto the Heym. It's a 243 with 24" barrel so not particularly noisy. I want a moderator that is slim lightweight, with a nice blued finish, and doesn't big hexagonal nuts on one end, spiral fluting, steps or anything else that makes it look as if it's three old oil filters stuck together. Frankly if it was the size of a 22rf mod I would be happy as long as it ticks the boxes.

P,

if it's going on a Heym, why not go the extra spend and ask lawrence precision to make you exactly one to your specs..at least it will look as good as a moderator can.

Frankly if it was the size of a 22rf mod I would be happy as long as it ticks the boxes.

They were my feeling as well on my .243, so I did just that, and used a Pes Mini-T
I did actually ask JMS Arms before doing it as was told strength wise it will be fine, and it was, it was also quiet enough for the few shots I might fire while out lamping.
The only real problem was the heat haze when plinking, the 5th shot is mostly guess work. Lol

Neil. :)

Third eye tactical Spartan? I have an over-barrel on my Sauer 202. Easy to clean, looks smart and relatively elegant, as far as mods go I guess...

Back