Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best shooting insurance...

Best shooting insurance...

Anyone have an opinion on the best organisation to join for insurance?

The best shooting organisation is purely a matter of opinion and I suppose really you should go with the one that most closely fits your views or is geared towards your particular fieldsports interests.

The best insurance, if you mean best cover, I would suggest is BASC. However if by best you mean cheapest, that's another matter. Country Cover Club are pretty cheap. Or perhaps you want a compromise of all the above.

You pays your money, you takes your choice.

Perhaps somewhat parochial, but the Scottish Gamekeepers Association offers a very good package.

I would suggest investing some time in looking at where your money is going once paid, if it will benefit your sport or interest long term and your cover is comprehensive then why not offer them your hard earnt?

there is no debate as far as insurance goes,the best is SACS if you lok at BASC ins it gives you exactly zero legal cover and if things go wrong that is what you will need after all said and done.

Martin

Christian.....

Why not use the search facility on here and read all the other posts on the same topic, that should give you enough information so that you can decide . with whom you wish to pay your fee.

David
    Last edited by Jimnydriver; 25-11-2013 at 23:22.

SD Regular
    Are you insuring yourself for or injury you may accidentally cause to another or are you insuring your sport and its future and you future to continue to enjoy that sport. If I can't answer "yes" to both those questions that simply I won't use that shooting organisation to get my cover with.

BASC for me, as they run several courses i want to do, and you have to be a BASC member to attend.

Its a matter of choice, and although I accept the OP askes who gives the best insurance, there is much more to being a member of an organisation than just insurance.

There is:
    Political lobbying to protect shooting
    Working with the police for a fair application of the law and improving their service
    Responding to media attack on shooting
    Helping members with advice

....and so on

Going back to insurance, BASC is currently reviewing all the insurances we offer to all members, and plan a significant improvement to the covers members get that will roll out early in 2014.

I cant give details yet as I am still working on finalising all the details, but I am sure members and prospective members will be very pleased indeed with the result!

Best wishes

David

Quote Originally Posted by David BASC View Post
    Its a matter of choice, and although I accept the OP askes who gives the best insurance, there is much more to being a member of an organisation than just insurance.

There is:
    Political lobbying to protect shooting
    Working with the police for a fair application of the law and improving their service
    Responding to media attack on shooting
    Helping members with advice

....and so on

Going back to insurance, BASC is currently reviewing all the insurances we offer to all members, and plan a significant improvement to the covers members get that will roll out early in 2014.

I cant give details yet as I am still working on finalising all the details, but I am sure members and prospective members will be very pleased indeed with the result!

Best wishes

David
    I have been covered by SACS insurance when not covered by BASC for long enough and have had good advise from SACS when BASC advise has not managed to get there.
    This is a game of catch up for BASC and nothing more.

REM