Best shooting insurance...

The best shooting organisation is purely a matter of opinion and I suppose really you should go with the one that most closely fits your views or is geared towards your particular fieldsports interests.

The best insurance, if you mean best cover, I would suggest is BASC. However if by best you mean cheapest, that's another matter. Country Cover Club are pretty cheap. Or perhaps you want a compromise of all the above.

You pays your money, you takes your choice.

I would suggest investing some time in looking at where your money is going once paid, if it will benefit your sport or interest long term and your cover is comprehensive then why not offer them your hard earnt?

there is no debate as far as insurance goes,the best is SACS if you lok at BASC ins it gives you exactly zero legal cover and if things go wrong that is what you will need after all said and done.

Martin

Christian.....

Why not use the search facility on here and read all the other posts on the same topic, that should give you enough information so that you can decide . with whom you wish to pay your fee.

David

Last edited:
Are you insuring yourself for or injury you may accidentally cause to another or are you insuring your sport and its future and you future to continue to enjoy that sport. If I can't answer "yes" to both those questions that simply I won't use that shooting organisation to get my cover with.

BASC for me, as they run several courses i want to do, and you have to be a BASC member to attend.

Its a matter of choice, and although I accept the OP askes who gives the best insurance, there is much more to being a member of an organisation than just insurance.

There is:
Political lobbying to protect shooting
Working with the police for a fair application of the law and improving their service
Responding to media attack on shooting
Helping members with advice

....and so on

Going back to insurance, BASC is currently reviewing all the insurances we offer to all members, and plan a significant improvement to the covers members get that will roll out early in 2014.

I cant give details yet as I am still working on finalising all the details, but I am sure members and prospective members will be very pleased indeed with the result!

Best wishes

David

Its a matter of choice, and although I accept the OP askes who gives the best insurance, there is much more to being a member of an organisation than just insurance.

There is:
Political lobbying to protect shooting
Working with the police for a fair application of the law and improving their service
Responding to media attack on shooting
Helping members with advice

....and so on

Going back to insurance, BASC is currently reviewing all the insurances we offer to all members, and plan a significant improvement to the covers members get that will roll out early in 2014.

I cant give details yet as I am still working on finalising all the details, but I am sure members and prospective members will be very pleased indeed with the result!

Best wishes

David

I have been covered by SACS insurance when not covered by BASC for long enough and have had good advise from SACS when BASC advise has not managed to get there.
This is a game of catch up for BASC and nothing more.

REM

when I broke my back at work... as a keeper.... basc were not interested... not worth the paper it was written on...:-|

I think most others have a long way to go to catch up with BASC when it comes to political lobbying, representing shooting in the media, securing shooting rights for members, working with ACPO and the HO to improve licencing practices, helping members to improve their shoot, and so on, I guess that's why BASC has over 130,000 members...but come early 2014, well just wait and see.....

Best wishes

David

I'm with basc, they seem to be the most recognised organisation and when there needs to be a spokesman wheeled out they are allways at the front of the que. in my book standing up and speaking out is worth the money alone

when I broke my back at work... as a keeper.... basc were not interested... not worth the paper it was written on...:-|

POI,

How would Public Third Party Insurance cover you for an accident at work that you suffered? It's purpose is to protect you against legal claims about things YOU cause.

Stan

Although the BASC policy includes personal accident cover, ie some cover if you hurt yourself when shooting etc, the cover applies to injuries that result in a permanent loss.

The claim would have been assessed for a broken back for example, by the insurers and they would have had a full report from your doctor. It would be based on the doctors report whether or not the injury was permanent, eg loss of use of a limb or part of a limb for example. If the doctors report said you would make a recovery without permanent loss, then there is no loss and there would be no payment.

If you would like me to review the claim please let me know.

Of course, you could have had a claim against your employer, if they had failed to look after you in some way for example and their lack of a duty of care had been the cause of your accident.

David

there is no debate as far as insurance goes,the best is SACS if you lok at BASC ins it gives you exactly zero legal cover and if things go wrong that is what you will need after all said and done.

Martin
hi i am with sacs ,they are the best they cover all field sports atb adrian

At the end of the day, as I am sure no one on here will disagree with, all of us who shoot should be insured.

Although shooting accidents are very rare indeed, and the vast majority are property damage claims that often cost under £1000, if the accident involves an injury to another person the costs can run to hundreds of thousands of pounds, with legal fees for the other party often accounting for a significant part of the total claim.

Without insurance, how would you cope with these costs?

Look at it another way, if you were injured would you not want to claim compensation from the person who injured you? Remember, the compensation is not just cash its counselling, rehabilitation and so on. You could be off work for months, you may not be able to work again and without the ability to get compensation how would you cope?

All the association insurance polices will cover your liability, all of them have certain limits and restrictions, so please get hold of a copy of the associations policy summary, this will tell you the main inclusions and exclusions on the policy and any excess you may have to pay, without this information you simply don't know what you are buying. This document together with the 'Key Facts' document that anyone supplying you with insurance cover must provide you with,(its the law as regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority that any person or company or organisation that is selling you insurance by way of business MUST give you this), its content is there to help you know exactly what is and is not covered.

Some of the organisations include legal expenses, some fund legal cases from their reserves some will regularly update and improve their insurance offering so its worth keeping an eye on what the organisations are offering.

Some do lots of political and media work and offer a range of other services too and as you know the costs , regardless of which one you join, are small in comparison to the money we all spend each year on our sport.

So if you are not a member of any of them at the moment, sped a bit of time reading the Key Facts and policy summary documents to check the cover is what you want and then choose one and join, there is no excuse of course for anyone not to be insured.

David

Back