Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Permit for Transportion of a Firearm to UK

  1. #1

    Permit for Transportion of a Firearm to UK

    I am retiring and moving to Scotland in June of 2014 - Tain area, if the house I have my eye is still avialable - and would like to transport my Rifle, Black Powder Pistol and Air Rifle as luggage, with me. I was told, by Mr. Mcloed, of Tain, that I could obtain a Visitor's Permit, which lasted one year, and this would allow me to do so. He said I could re-new this permit one time for an additional year.

    My only problem is, the e-mail address he gave me, for whatever reason, did not work.

    Could I trouble someone to give me a good, working, e-mail address where I can obtain the form(s) for doing so; or can I just get them from the local UK Consulant?

    The last thing I need is to pay a hefty fine or loose my rifle, all together.

    Thank you, in advance.

  2. #2
    I would suggest you contact the local police HQ nearest to your destination for a BVP form or get your sponser to obtain one for you as he will need to complete some sections on it.

  3. #3

    This site should give you all you need, scroll down to related documents and you'll find one there that can be saved as a .pdf file and printed.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-08-2012, 11:08
  2. sale/export of firearm from UK to Canada
    By scheesman in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-06-2012, 14:37
  3. Visitor`s Firearm Permit just arrived!
    By Conor1 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 08:55
  4. Visitors Permit
    By Boghossian in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-07-2010, 07:20
  5. section 7 temporary permit
    By pete evans in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 26-02-2010, 11:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts