Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: out with the fox pro...

out with the fox pro...

hello there chaps, well went out with the fox pro last night, sat it on a straining post, then drove to the top of the hill sat for two mins, shot one, had a quick scan saw another so shot that, thort id give it another 30 min but with in 10 min another one shew up, shot that then 5 min later a dog fox come running up the valley, well that got shot too,

so that was 3 vixens and a dog fox in a hour of leaveing the house....

Now That's what I call a good night out

Hi 6,5x55

Thatīs what I call a predator control - I have never even seen so many foxes on one spot in one night...

And which Foxpro do you use, please? And what sounds worked that well on your three vixens and one dog, please?
    – I am also considering buying a digital call, and still sitting on the fence whether Foxpro (probably) or Multi Colibri for it’s packability.

thanks B.J.

That sounds like a good hour was had!! I use the mini Colibri a lot and have found around us it works well, thats not to say a foxpro wouldnt have the same affect. Its the handiness of it for carrying around suits how we work. Around us lately it pays to do as little calling as possible when you find 1, by now there is not many calls they havent heard and stalking in on them gets the blood pumping. Cheers

hello there it was the fox pro scorpion, and vixen bark and screaming bunny, it is well worth the money, and if there is any one in the borders who needs a hand il gladly come over with it, and ive lamped the ground 20-30 times and only seen 1..... so just shows..

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5x55 View Post
    hello there chaps, well went out with the fox pro last night, sat it on a straining post, then drove to the top of the hill sat for two mins, shot one, had a quick scan saw another so shot that, thort id give it another 30 min but with in 10 min another one shew up, shot that then 5 min later a dog fox come running up the valley, well that got shot too,
    Were you using as lamp or NV/Thermal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    Were you using as lamp or NV/Thermal ?
    lamp.... need to save Pennines for nv and thermal.....
    it will be brought soon tho....

Well done! The foxes have certainly started moving around here in the last fortnight. Places that haven't had any all summer are now delivering!

Same here nothing for weeks then saw 5 saturday night. Had 1 so back out with the fox pro this weekend
    Well done 6.5
    Atb steve

Well done I saw 5 together around this time last year - shot 3 that night & the other 2 the next.

Can't wait to get my new Foxing set up together & get back out at em !!