Thread: Muzzle Brakes

Regular Poster

Muzzle Brakes

See link for pics
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mry7...uzzle%20Brakes

I have two sorts of brakes for sale.
    One is the Parker Hale type as used on the 243 and 308 PH Scout rifles and the other is a machined item suitable for 22 up to 338 but really applicable to 308 and larger cals.

I can recommend the PH brake as it is so small and the recoil reduction that it provides is significant. Pre-threaded (15mmx1) and blued. Bored for 243 but can easily be enlarged for 308 as both the 243 & 308 are identical except for the muzzle diameter. Cost £20 + P&P

The machined brake is ‘in the white’ ie as machined and needs boring and threading to suit your barrel. It is in the style of the Roddy Mcafferty brake and is specifically suitable for larger cals providing great recoil reduction as well as throwing the noise forward due to its design.

I attach some pics – they are of 2 brakes to show certain aspects. The brake is in 3 pieces. There is a Boss that threads or is soldered to your barrel - the brake screws onto this. The boss is recessesd into the base of the brake . There is then a shield that screws over the front of the brake for noise management and additional recoil reduction. The pics show one brake with a very thing lip to the boss and a reduced length to the threaded portion of the brake – this was for a particular purpose to reduce the brake length to a minimum.

The 3 brakes that I have are as machined and need the boss boring & threading to suit your barrel and then the brake muzzle boring according to your calibre. It will then need bluing.

Time taken by any competent person for the first two – less than 1 hour for a perfect job. The bluing could be undertaken by you with cold blue or sent to the ‘Trade’ by your local gun shop at an approx. cost of £6-£10.

Cost £20 + P&P

PM sent
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Regular Poster
    Despite various enquiries and requests to purchase only one of the 3 machined brakes has been sold.
    I still have two left. One as per the middle picture, middle row and one as per the other pictures. I have pre-threaded bosses for 15x1 and 9/16th AF(UNF) as well as un-threaded bosses.
    These brakes were originally being sold at £125 so are unbelievable value even if they need a minimal amount of finishing to suit your rifle.

There are also a couple of the new PHale ones in 243 which I will happily bore out FOC to suit your cal before posting.

Regular Poster
    Sorry 1/2" is too small - min size would be 9/16ths.

Hi
    I have a Parker Hale Classic in 30-06 14 x 1 thread do you have a Brake for that ?

Regular Poster
    There are now only two Parker Hale style brakes left

I have a steyr pro hunter in 300winmag would your brake fit in that?

I looking for one for my 338 but the thread needs to be 14x1 if you have one let me no cheers

Jock